Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hey guys. Blank check for suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey guys. Blank check for suspension...

I am putting in Koni SA on all four wheels in the next week or so.

I am having a friend who owns a shoop do the install - and he's willing to pass on huge savings to me in regards to any additional parts I require.

So my question is this:

What suspension parts on our cars are notorious for getting worn out in particular?

I know it's a broad, noob type question - but I figure with these savings, and the fact that the front suspension is gonna be under the knife anyway - I might as well bring this thing to new specs.

Front and rear.

Any suggestions guys?

Of course, he's going to be looking over it himself - I am more looking for parts that are known problems with wear issues.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Well shocks being your first upgrade is a wise choice, the stock shocks are one of the first items to wear out quickly. Are you also installing lowering springs as well or just shocks?

For wear items look for cracked bushings in control arms, front and rear as well as the panhard bar. Also sway bar bushings and end links.

Are you looking to just replace worn items or are you looking for aftermarket replacements that will perform better?

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The suspension is stock height - and I have:

subframe connectors
solid motor mount
adjustable panhard bar

I am satisfied for the performance aspect at this time, so it's pretty much going to be a replace-all-worn-stock pieces extravaganza
Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Since theres a thread about it above yours, get new bump stop too.. part # 9.9137R universal/Jeep..