Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 Brakes?? Brake Light not going off?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Brakes?? Brake Light not going off?

Hey everyone, i have a 97 Z28 M6, and i was looking to install LS1 brake all the way around. I noticed that the LS1 rear brakes are diff from the LT1 Rear brake, would i still be able to swap them onto my LT1 and use the parking brake setup? i THINK, its just the parking brake assembly that is different, but i could be wrong. Also, the other day when i dropped my ebrake, the "brake" light never went off, so i check the master cylinder and put fluid in it, but its still on, any reason y this is happening? Also, i would probally get zo6 calipers if i got the ls1 brakes, but do they even help stoping power? or is it the same as stock ls1? Thanks for the input, David.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear parking brake, as you noted, is significantly different. I'm not sure how far upstream you'd have to retro-fit to get it to work. Maybe someone else has done this change.

Maybe you didn't get the e-brake handle down all the way or the e-brake handle switch is not engaging or broken. It's under the console.

C5 vs stock '98+ F-Body calipers: they are both 2 piston calipers. But the C5 calipers are more rigid and less prone to spread, resulting in pad taper. This occurs under extreme conditions.