Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Scraping noise

Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scraping noise

Whenever I turn right I get a scraping noise in the back. I think it's the brakes because if I hop the brake pedal I don't hear the sound. I looked at the rotors and they look wavy does this mean anything???
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jorgez28
Whenever I turn right I get a scraping noise in the back. I think it's the brakes because if I hop the brake pedal I don't hear the sound. I looked at the rotors and they look wavy does this mean anything???
I would bet money it's your dust shield. When you turn the wheel there is just enough flex that if the dust shield is too close it will grind causing a loud, tinny, metallic sound. Depending on the wheels you have you may be able to reach in an gently push the dust shield back away from the rotor a bit.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Cool never thought of that. I will look into it.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brakemotive
I would bet money it's your dust shield. When you turn the wheel there is just enough flex that if the dust shield is too close it will grind causing a loud, tinny, metallic sound. Depending on the wheels you have you may be able to reach in an gently push the dust shield back away from the rotor a bit.
Thats very good information. I have been having this sound as well. I will try this next chance I get on my car.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

I tried the dust shield and it didn't work. Now it does it even more not just turning right but when I hit bumps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scraping noise