Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Aftermarket TA/Exhaust and ground clearance ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket TA/Exhaust and ground clearance ?'s

Im looking to purchase a adjustable TA and Relocation for my car. The issues im worried about before i purchase something are whether or not it will clear the exhaust as well as the ground.

Long tubes are ARH 1 7/8, and Y pipe.

Im looking at UMI stuff right now. Im curious to know the difference between.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=201

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=209

aside from the TA the comes with one and not the other.

I would buy the piece for long tube headers with the dip in the tunnel arm but will be lowered on a Strano/Koni setup and am worried about the crossover hitting speed bumps etc etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Default Tunnel Brace vs Transmission Mount

Look at the pictures at the bottom of each one of those listings and you can probably tell what the difference is between each of those. One is for the shorter TA, and mounts the front of it on a new tunnel brace that replaces the factory one just aft of where the Y-pipe merges into one. The other is a relocation kit for the full length TA. It replaces your transmission mount, and the front of the TA mounts to it instead of the rear of the transmission casing.

Hope that helps

Mark.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest and I will be glad to help.

The first item you posted is a torque arm relocation kit, it is designed to work with full length torque arms or would even work with the factory torque arm. This item combined with an aftermarket full length arm like our part #2205 works excellent at the track, street driving and all handling applications. It offers the best ground clearance and will clear with virtually any exhaust set up.

The second link, part #2202 is a short style arm and works excellent for drag race applications and also street driving. The downfall is it does reduce ground clearance since it clears all long tube header/y-pipe combination's. This item is also the least expensive way to go. Since you are lowered and have the Strano/Koni set up which is more of a handling set up I recommend option #1 above.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the responses. Images were a little difficult to see on the smart phone. I know what i need now, thank you both.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I have strano/koni's on my car. I have the UMI full length T/A with the trans relocation bracket. Ground clearance is great.

Sam recommends if you use the shorter T/A to get three point sub frame connectors. Just fyi.

My car is geared more towards handling so that's why I went with the full length T/A. Hope this helps.