Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Qa1 shock setting on spray? vid posted

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qa1 shock setting on spray? vid posted

need help with shock setting on qa1 double adjustables in the rear and the front is all stock. currently have 4c 6r. car will hook off the launch then starts spinning. whats a good setting to use

Last edited by bnastystuntz; 10-25-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine works best at 5 clicks front and rear. But every car is different.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What’s the set up on the front end? There could be a couple different reasons it’s unloading the rear tires after the launch.
It could be that the compression on the front end is to soft. You want the front to rise quick for weight transfer but not to quick or you lose forward movement because it’s lifting the nose instead of moving forward. You also want the compression to be stiff enough that the front settles slowly. If the compression on the front is to soft and the front settles quickly then it’s pulling weight off the rear tires allowing them to break back loose. As far as the rear setup goes you want it to be stiff enough to not squat but soft enough to absorb some shock of the weight being transferred and Just the right amount of rebound. If you have to much rebound in the rear again it will be transferring the weight back to the front and load the rear tires.

It sounds like you stick good at the launch so I would add little more compression on the front if it’s adj also and take a little rebound out of the rear.

I like to make small adjustments one click at a time until I get the results I’m looking for. Also only make an adjustment to one thing at a time leave the tire pressure where you have it adj the front. If you get the results your looking for leave the rear settings alone if not make a adjustment to the rear setting

disregard the front adjustment I just re read the original post and saw to have stock shocks up front