Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rotors

Need to get new rear brake pads for my camaro and since I know either the rotors or pads are warped not the first time this has happened was wanting to know what is a good brand and relatively cheap but warp resistant? What is currently on my car is powerstop cross drilled rotors got them because as we all know the stock one are very scary when it rains so have to have cross drilled
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by camarosteve2k
Need to get new rear brake pads for my camaro and since I know either the rotors or pads are warped not the first time this has happened was wanting to know what is a good brand and relatively cheap but warp resistant? What is currently on my car is powerstop cross drilled rotors got them because as we all know the stock one are very scary when it rains so have to have cross drilled
Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

+1 ^^

cheap but warp resistant
You can have one, but not the other.

What is currently on my car is powerstop cross drilled rotors got them because as we all know the stock one are very scary when it rains so have to have cross drilled
The stock brakes are not scary in the rain. If this is just a daily driver, then whatever is scaring would have been done to the car after it left the factory. I can't even imagine how your rear rotors got warped.

It sounds like whatever you do will be an improvement. When you replace the rear rotors, be sure to do the parking brake adjustment to the new rotors, which can only be done with them off. A search on this site will turn up oodles of threads on good things to buy.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Teching In

What is currently on my car is powerstop cross drilled rotors
i was also thinking about purchasing these rotors because mine are cracked and warped... are the worth the buy?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Powerstop is ok I'd say they are more of an entry level set of brake rotors as the warp pretty easily at least they did for me. As far as the braking in the rain for me it always felt like they weren't working and or just really spongy feeling
Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Are you on your brakes at the last second at every stop? The warping and spongy pedal when wet sounds like it. What pads you using?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought mine off Ebay about 2 years ago and they are great $120 shipped for all four. Guess i got lucky. Drilled and Slotted!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Powerstop is ok I'd say they are more of an entry level set of brake rotors as the warp pretty easily at least they did for me. As far as the braking in the rain for me it always felt like they weren't working and or just really spongy feeling
Get quality blank or slotted only with good pads and flush the system. Something like ATE rotors and Hawk HPS pads.

Quick Reply: rotors