Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What are the best springs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the best springs...

I'm almost ready to purchase my HAL shocks. I'm almost 100% set on HAL Generation "F" Series Shocks and i was wondering if anyone had any imput on what springs to get to go with them. I heard that finding the right spring/shock match is vital for best performance out of the shocks. I was origionally looking at Eibach pro springs.

The shocks can be found here

Thanks
Old 03-25-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do dont get the Eibach Pro Kit! There are plenty of pictures and stories of the rear springs sagging and that translates into having a silly car stance, the front sitting higher than the rear. I currently have hypercoils, I love the stance but, I must admit that having 3/4" clearance up front and 1" out back might be to extreme for some, and I'm referring to the fender to tire clearance. I have not bottomed out yet, but I drive carefully these days. I would definitly recommend the BMR 1" drop if your just going for looks and dont want to worry bout any clearance problems, I have seen cars with these springs and they look what a stock F body should of looked like. Now if your looking for strict performance in Auto X or any kind of twisty action, better look into G2s or try to find a set of hypercoils. Although the G2s drop your car a tad more than the hypercoils. Eibachs sportlines are way low and thats just a headache unless your car is a garage queen. DMS are pretty popular too but I never liked how low the front drops and then the rear sits a lil to high for my taste, but a good all around spring. People with DMS springs usually just remove the stock rear spacers and use the heater hose up top to get that nice stance. Plenty of choices around, I can think of at least 3 more spring brands but its all up to what you want. Look also for SLP Eibachs, Intraxx, and Edelbrocks I cant comment on some of those. good luck!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, thanks for the help. I'll take that into consideration.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95_Firehawk_Dude
I'm almost ready to purchase my HAL shocks. I'm almost 100% set on HAL Generation "F" Series Shocks and i was wondering if anyone had any input on what springs to get to go with them. I heard that finding the right spring/shock match is vital for best performance out of the shocks. I was origionally looking at Eibach pro springs.
Are you looking for a drag setup or more of a handling ride?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a daily drive but will see many days at the track.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Sweet Cheeks

For handling I would look into G2s, but for dragging I would just run QA1 drag springs that come with the kit and stock rear shocks. If you want the F series 12 wa QA1s, I'm selling mine. Nearly brand new. I've run them for about a month they're a great handling shock. All four, spanner wrench, and drag spings new are about $800, I'll let them go for $650.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I have the QA1's with the QA1 spring up front. If you are getting the QA1 front spring you won't have to worry about what front springs to get. You can just adjust the height.
The rears are a different story. what ever spring you get you will notice it will be lower with the QA1 rear shock than with a Stock or Bilstein shock. I have the ProKit springs in the rear and it sits lower than most with the Prokit. It looks more like the Sportlines. Do a search for a post called "Guess what springs?" for pictures
Old 03-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Launching!

I have the G2 SuperSprings, and wouldn't consider any others IMO. They are rock solid in the twisties and the stance is just right. They are pretty low, but higher than the Sportlines. Get revalved Bilsteins is you lower though, that is if you think handling performance is important. Now this really relates to Street, Road Racing, or Autox'ing. You don't want these if Drag Racing is your only objective.

Quick Reply: What are the best springs...