Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Im starting on my mini tub today. ill post pics of befor, during and after

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im starting on my mini tub today. ill post pics of befor, during and after

im starting on my mini tub today. i figured i post some pics of befor, during and after.. so i hope you like. i know i will. I rented a plasma cutter so i need it done by monday so i can return it. do any one know if i have to pull the rear end out? i thought i had to but after pulling the tires off i think i can do it with them intake ( with a plasma cutter. easier to get in places) any thought.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i believe there are 2 or 3 other guys that have done this on here, i would just take a look using the search bar, or google what you're looking for. i'm sure there are a decent amount of write-ups
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

after a quick search, this is from wolfe's site

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/instal...odminitub.aspx
Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very interested. Hope all goes well
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll also hopefully be doing this in the summer as well. First time with a welder, I'll post plenty of pics when I do as well to show off my noob welding abilities.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

all went good. i have all the cutting done. i borrowed my welder to my nabor and i got it back with no gas and toll was closed until tomorrow. so tomorrow im welding it all up and have it done. it took 6.5 hours to do the driver side not knowing were to cut and 4.5 to do the passanger side once i knew how to do it. but there is alot of layers to cut threw. i sugest cutting all the spot welds and start peeling them back. but its not that hard to do. you just have to have some ***** to cut it up like that. and the pics wolfe racing provides sucks alot to see were to cut. its all trial and error and i did everything with the 9" rear attacted in the car the only thing i removed were the nuts that were holding my qa1 coil overs in place. ill have pics up tomorrow night. but i have a 15x10 with 7.5 bs and some 28-13.5-15 and still have 3.5 inchs on the inside until the hit the mini tub. so im really happy with how they came out. but if anyones does deside to do this i would definitly rent a plasma cutter if you dont own one.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
I'll also hopefully be doing this in the summer as well. First time with a welder, I'll post plenty of pics when I do as well to show off my noob welding abilities.
and i would not sugest doing this for the first time welding. you have to cut the frame apart on both side ( more on the driver side) and that is stuctrual if the welds sucks i wouldnt want to be in that car.. and also i would suggest doing some rust fighter I inside after welding to make sure nothing rust out after doing it. im drilling a couple small holes in the frame to get the rust fighter I wand in there

Quick Reply: Im starting on my mini tub today. ill post pics of befor, during and after