Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the car feel now vs. no sfc?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Only reason I didn't put the arms of the lift on the sfcs was to get picsof them. I would have absolutely no problem using them as a Jack point or resting them.onstands.

Car feels more solid and tighter for sure. I've noticed that when I launch, the car has less "body roll " and launches alot more level then before.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

K - do want.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it'd be overkill and a waste of money but with some very minor grinding, it looks like the other guy's boxed and tubular versions (UMI for example) would fit along side of these...

Either way, thanks for the pics - many of us have been waiting for pics of these for a while
Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 214 Likes on 164 Posts

Or weld some plate or boxed steel in between the LCA mount and the rear "frame rail" with other mfr's (umi, bmr, slp) sfc's.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
I know it'd be overkill and a waste of money but with some very minor grinding, it looks like the other guy's boxed and tubular versions (UMI for example) would fit along side of these...

Either way, thanks for the pics - many of us have been waiting for pics of these for a while
Overkill... exactly. Useless and nothing more than adding weight would be more of the definition.

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Or weld some plate or boxed steel in between the LCA mount and the rear "frame rail" with other mfr's (umi, bmr, slp) sfc's.
There are a whole lot of cars running autox/road course and drag racers in the 7 second range without SFC being tied to the LCA mount. That's the hole issue here. Any sfc that is bolted/welded to the lca mount and runs alongside the rocker panel(strongest part of a uni-body car) is doing nothing for the chassis. If you look at the construction of the rear frame/lca mount area of the 82-02 f-body car the lca mount area is nowhere near the actual "subframe", so why would you attach a component to that part that isn't doing what it is intended to(or sold to you as).
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble99
Just want to say thanks to Midwest chassis for getting me in to install there subframe connectors on my car even though there pretty much slammed all the time by the way it looks. Eric and crew are some great guys for sure. All there products I was able to check out while I was there was absolutely awesome and quality was superior. Can't wait to get some more parts from you guys.

Talking with Eric about there fab 9' rears and all the extra time they take to include all the little things that make life alot easier for the costumer when installing there products was great. Anyone contemplating trying there products I wouldn't hesitate. Thanks guys!

EDIT FOR PICS:

Thanks for the business and the pics!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Launching!

im pretty sure this car was getting done as i was dropping mine off. i hope to be racing in june. were u that burgundy camaro?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Yes sir that was me.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Anybody have pictures of their chromoly tubular ones installed?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question

Just not true from my experience (UMI 2-pt) -- I instantly notice my 'vert hooked better, was more predictable and cornered more as one car in turns.

Could your approach be better -- perhaps, but saying the UMI design does nothing is disingenuous from what I have felt.

Originally Posted by ssvert99
There are a whole lot of cars running autox/road course and drag racers in the 7 second range without SFC being tied to the LCA mount. That's the hole issue here. Any sfc that is bolted/welded to the lca mount and runs alongside the rocker panel(strongest part of a uni-body car) is doing nothing for the chassis. If you look at the construction of the rear frame/lca mount area of the 82-02 f-body car the lca mount area is nowhere near the actual "subframe", so why would you attach a component to that part that isn't doing what it is intended to(or sold to you as).
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Are they as necessary on a hard top I'm stock right now but do have big dreams and realize the uni body dosnt handle a twist real well

Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Thanks for the business and the pics!
on that 2nd picture it looks as if the subframe connector is almost hitting the fuel lines that run through that shield.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Talked with Eric today about my MWC SFC's that just showed up today. I know he's slammed busy, but was still able to take a few minutes and talk with me about install and what-not. Glad to have pics for welder's reference!

Quick Reply: Midwest chassis