Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1 to LS1 front brake conversion, what else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 to LS1 front brake conversion, what else do i need?

You can tell by the pic what i have, is there anything else i need to complete the swap? thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails LT1 to LS1 front brake conversion, what else do i need?-dsc06625.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did this last weekend and I kept my LT1 hubs. Other then that looks like you have everything. You will enjoy this mod, mine feel 100% different.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
I just did this last weekend and I kept my LT1 hubs. Other then that looks like you have everything. You will enjoy this mod, mine feel 100% different.
awesome, thanks for the reply. You don't HAVE to keep the LT1 hubs do you? What about the factory LS1 brakelines, are they long enough to be installed as is? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have been told that I needed LS1 hubs and I have been told to keep my LT1 hubs. Since it was 4 bolts I just went ahead and kept mine to avoid any potential issues.

If you have air/impact gun/maul its a quick swap over.

I am using my factory LT1 lines. At full lock its a little tight but my car is lowered quite a lot giving me a little extra line when car is on the ground, and we bent the metal tab that the line is connected to down. Id guess we bent it around 45 degrees down. Been driving my car and havnt had one issue since I did the swap.

Are you doing the rears too? I wasnt going to but now I can feel how crappy the LT1 rears really are so I am on the hunt for an ebrake cable(my car is m6)
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
I have been told that I needed LS1 hubs and I have been told to keep my LT1 hubs. Since it was 4 bolts I just went ahead and kept mine to avoid any potential issues.

If you have air/impact gun/maul its a quick swap over.

I am using my factory LT1 lines. At full lock its a little tight but my car is lowered quite a lot giving me a little extra line when car is on the ground, and we bent the metal tab that the line is connected to down. Id guess we bent it around 45 degrees down. Been driving my car and havnt had one issue since I did the swap.

Are you doing the rears too? I wasnt going to but now I can feel how crappy the LT1 rears really are so I am on the hunt for an ebrake cable(my car is m6)
I'll just give the LS1 hub a try, ill have the LT1 hubs on hand in case it doesn't work out.

I am doing the rears too, I got a donor car so I have everything i need availible. For the rears don't you need to remove the caliper mounting brakets from the axle tube? I believe you do but just wanted to make sure.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

havnt dont my rears just yet.

Quick Reply: LT1 to LS1 front brake conversion, what else do i need?