Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

9" torque arm mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9" torque arm mount

Okay so I'm tracking down some stuff with my car and am curious about somethin that's obvious but I wanna see what other people are doin about it. People running a 9", what set of holes are ya'll using on the torque arm mount on the rear end side? If you have a UMI that'd be a plus but every manufacture seems to be the same design. I feels mines a lil offset with using the outside holes but the mount on the diff. wont let me use the inside set of holes on the TA
Old 04-06-2020, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a moser 9 inch and a UMI adjustable torque arm and I have it in the inside set of holes. The tunnel had to be massaged a bit, only about a 1/2 inch.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cyris0014
I have a moser 9 inch and a UMI adjustable torque arm and I have it in the inside set of holes. The tunnel had to be massaged a bit, only about a 1/2 inch.
Did you have to modify the torque arm mounting bracket at all? The one that mounts to the rear? Been doin some reading and I guess that's what most people are doing, pretty much cutting down the center of the outside holes taking the outter material off
Old 04-09-2020, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

No, no grinding or cutting of the bracket was needed. I have the tunnel mounted torque mount, which changes the angle of the torque arm. Everything installed easily luckily. Are you using the moser torque arm mount for the rear?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cyris0014
No, no grinding or cutting of the bracket was needed. I have the tunnel mounted torque mount, which changes the angle of the torque arm. Everything installed easily luckily. Are you using the moser torque arm mount for the rear?
I'm using the tunnel short arm mount as well with the DS safety loop. Moser offered 2 different types of mounts. I'm using the whatever one came with my quick performance unit. Its the mount that gets bolts to the 2 tabs welded to the diff itself. 1 tab on top and 1 tab on the bottom
Old 04-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

The one circled in this picture
Old 04-12-2020, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Ohhhh ok. I got mine from Brute Speed, and i'm using the long arm torque arm still. I have heard a lot of bad things about the QTP 9 inch. A friend of mine years ago had issues putting his unit in as well. Have you tried contacting Moser? The guy who put my rear end in was in contact with them recently, they're still open.

Quick Reply: 9" torque arm mount