Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Flynbye..no answer or emails after order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I agree, I buy and sell a lot. You SHOULD communicate. But in this day and age when we have electronic means of ordering, we also have electronic means of searching for info.
Funny thing is I found out about Flynbye on another website (S10Forum)and in that (several page thread) thread it was mentioned that he works a regular job and so on and to call and see if he has them in stock because he makes them in batches, Not one person said he left people hanging or failed to communicate in a timely manner. I called he answered and we spent 10 minutes or so on the phone talking about my project. My parts also arrived in a timely manner, It wasn't until I read this old thread that I saw anyone had problems with him.
You can defend the guy all you want but like I said earlier it only take a few minutes to contact someone and let them know what's going on and there isn't a reason not at least acknowledge you received an order from them.

I was happy with his product though!

Old 04-08-2018, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Nope, not defending him. I simply chimed in on a response from someone, I have no dog in this fight. Could care less really.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

So youre the only one who has ever gone through this? Maybe i have something on order right now with no ETA of delivery. Some things i expect fast, some things i dont. Based on his history, i would assume this is normal. Wouldnt you?
No, when I buy something, unless it's stated that the item is not in stock, or that they are "made to order", why would I assume that not hearing from a business for over a week is 'normal'? I'm not in the business of gifting people my money so they can sit on it for a week or two or three until they decide they're ready to send it.

I agree, I buy and sell a lot. You SHOULD communicate. But in this day and age when we have electronic means of ordering, we also have electronic means of searching for info. I rarely, rarely buy off a generic type website. I have built multiple cars almost entirely off ebay, cylinder heads, engines, wheels and tires, every part for a motor you could imagine. There are good companies and good parts there with 1. Feedback, and 2. a check system that keeps the seller doing the right thing. I rarely have any issues. The part I'm waiting for now is custom made, with no real timeframe, a lot like that guy. They likely will not contact me until its done. So I sit and wait. But i knew that so I'm being patient, like any of flyinbye's customers should be, or buy from someone else.
I still don't get why you think Flynbye's customers should be patient and sit around waiting for parts? I'm not ordering some custom one-off part that he's making at my request, I'm buying a pre-made package off his website. Obviously if I had ordered something custom made I would have no expectations of it shipping out quickly, that's just stupid. And if I ordered something "custom" I also wouldn't be expecting daily updates on the progress, which is again an unreasonable assumption.

It's a very simple situation. If you have a product listed for sale, with no other information to say it's out of stock or made to order, that means you have the product ready to ship. I purchased a specific product he had listed for sale on his website, and apparently either didn't have it, or couldn't be bothered to ship it out or communicate at all. Even if he had've called back and said he'd have to make the lines and they be shipped out next week, I wouldn't have been upset. It's the fact that I don't know whether I'm waiting for another day or another month, and at what point is enough going to be enough? Even a "custom" part, you don't just pay and sit and wait until the end of eternity for it - a normal and reasonable business says "OK, I will have this made and shipped out by X-date," and you know what's going on and don't have to contact them again.

Kore3 sells the same product and had it in a shipping box with a tracking number within an hour. They understand how buying and selling products works. I'm not some unreasonable, demanding customer that will never be pleased. All I ask for is transparency and the most minimal amount of communication to know when a product is expected to ship.

I'm not sure what your point through all these posts is supposed to be, but so far everything you've said is inaccurate or doesn't apply to this situation. There's a big difference between "custom" made parts, and off-the-shelf parts.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Funny thing is I found out about Flynbye on another website (S10Forum)and in that (several page thread) thread it was mentioned that he works a regular job and so on and to call and see if he has them in stock because he makes them in batches, Not one person said he left people hanging or failed to communicate in a timely manner. I called he answered and we spent 10 minutes or so on the phone talking about my project. My parts also arrived in a timely manner, It wasn't until I read this old thread that I saw anyone had problems with him.
You can defend the guy all you want but like I said earlier it only take a few minutes to contact someone and let them know what's going on and there isn't a reason not at least acknowledge you received an order from them.

I was happy with his product though!
I also heard of FNB through S10forum and was aware that he was a busy guy who did this part time so set my expectations accordingly. I needed to order C5 adapter parts for my truck and couldn't do it directly off his site because I needed them shipped to Canada. I emailed 5 or 6 times and called and left messages 4 times over a 2 month period and never received a reply. I was always polite/professional and I clearly indicated that I was ready to order, not just asking for info. I finally gave up and called Tobin at Kore3 after finding out they made the part I needed (not listed in their catalog). I had the order within a week.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to update, received my order from Kore3 in 3 business days from payment, and that's in Canada and passing customs, etc. Haven't installed yet, but quality looks and feels great in my hands. Would highly recommend!

Quick Reply: Flynbye..no answer or emails after order?