Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Tranny Crossmember

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BMR Tranny Crossmember

Question..

I keep breaking tranny mounts and I don't even race my car. I hate going back replacing those things and they are pricy!! SO if I convert the stock cross member to this BMR Transmission Conversion Cross member, would that eliminate the use of tranny mounts?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaNX
Question..

I keep breaking tranny mounts and I don't even race my car. I hate going back replacing those things and they are pricy!! SO if I convert the stock cross member to this BMR Transmission Conversion Cross member, would that eliminate the use of tranny mounts?
Well, the "tranny mount" is technically the bushing that sits underneath the transmission. Our torque arm relocation crossmembers and conversion crossmembers will still use a transmission mount. If you're talking about the torque arm mount, then our relocation crossmembers would take your torque arm off your transmission and prevent future failure.

If you're breaking transmission mounts I would take a long hard look at your motor mounts. If those have failed, it will try to use the transmission to align the engine and quickly wear them out. Transmission mount failures are extremely uncommon over a short period of time.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: BMR Tranny Crossmember