Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?

Deleted my abs module during my recent motor swap/engine bay clean up project and just want to verify what the normal dash lights are.

I have ABS INOP (been there since i installed the 9" a few years ago), BRAKE, and SERVICE VEHICLE. I believe all those are normal but just want to verify.

Also I noticed my cruise control is not functioning. Can anyone verify on their car as well if they have working cruise control with an ABS Module delete?

Trying to figure out if the cruise control not working is a side effect of the ABS removal or if I have a different issue I need to find. If it is as a result of the delete has anyone figured out how to bypass it?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Lights sound familiar I don't remember a service vehicle light. I opened up the cluster and put tape over the bulbs. My cruise control did still work but mine was the cable driven 98 one which I think is different for the new years.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the lights bug me a little so they will get a bulbectomy when i get around to it, but i want my cruise control back . . .

car is a 3channel non-tcs car if it matters
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I recall taping over those 3 lights. My '02 cruise was not affected but I had TCS, although it is bypassed.

Quick Reply: ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?