Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stagg Shocks And Eibach Sportlings Review

Old 12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stagg Shocks And Eibach Sportlings Review

okay so i finally bought some shocks and springs, i was going to go with bilstein but i wanted to try out the stagg shocks i read reviews everywhere and some had good luck and some not so much. but i wanted to try them out cause nobody on here wants too. and the eibach sportlines i read soooo many reviews but i like the drop. soo here is the review everyone's been waiting for... the shocks are actually pretty good it believe it or not, and for the price what is there to argue about? and with the sportlines on them it rides really good. Its smoothe and feels real good on turns. but i don't know what and how other set ups feel so i can't compare them to other shocks but as far as stock sup. and springs it was truly a night and day difference. i also installed lower control relocation brackets from founders. now the only problem i have is my car still leans on the passenger side. i'm going to get an alignment on Wednesday so hopefully they can do something about it and becasuse i have 17x11 with 315s it was rubbing on my rear passenger quarter panel on the passenger side so i rolled the rear fender on the passenger side its fine now, the driver side is fine no rubs on the rear. i also have 2 12's so it lowers it a bit more. i also have Lt headers and an off road Y. Its pretty close to the ground so it does scrape a bit might have to take a trip to the muffler shop. but other than that i give a thumbs up to stagg. i hope this helps some ppl on here who are thinking about changing their shocks and building on a budget. now here are some pics enjoy!

Before

After (What a DROP!!)

Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow, that is a drop......Do you have an adjustable PHB?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yeah, that much of a drop is gonna really throw off the rear being centered. Which is probably why you are rubbing on the passenger side wheelwell. In the pic looking down the side of your car, the rear passenger wheel is far out of the line and not surprisingly rubbing. You'll need an adjustable Panhard Rod to recenter it. ($90-100 just about anywhere) It's probably off center by at least 1/2" with that much drop, which is more than enough to make the tire rub.
Good luck.

EDIT, to make your life easier, get a double adjustable panhard so you can do it while its on the car. It's WAY easier.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the post r4dio78.

Knowledge is power and it's always good to gather knowledge.

We have some nice adjustable PHB's...

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=355

ramey
Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

That thing is really low and the body kit doesnt help.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
yea i forgot to add that i do have an adjustible phb

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
Yeah, that much of a drop is gonna really throw off the rear being centered. Which is probably why you are rubbing on the passenger side wheelwell. In the pic looking down the side of your car, the rear passenger wheel is far out of the line and not surprisingly rubbing. You'll need an adjustable Panhard Rod to recenter it. ($90-100 just about anywhere) It's probably off center by at least 1/2" with that much drop, which is more than enough to make the tire rub.
Good luck.

yea ima have to adjust in a lil hope it helps

EDIT, to make your life easier, get a double adjustable panhard so you can do it while its on the car. It's WAY easier.
Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Thanks for the post r4dio78.

Knowledge is power and it's always good to gather knowledge.

We have some nice adjustable PHB's...

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=355

ramey
thxs for the post ramey, but i pick up a adj phb from founders sorry. but im still in need off subframe connectors and a torque arm so ill be sure to check you guys out!

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
That thing is really low and the body kit doesnt help.
ya i know, im also looking for the front lips on the bumper, some guy was selling the whole kit spoiler,rear,side skirts, and front lip all for 60 bucks! but i was lagging on calling him and he sold it owell.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Does it ever bottom out with this setup?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No prob r4.

We can't win 'em all but we sure can try.

Our new 3 point SFC's are quite substantial:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=197

And our torque arms are pretty awesome as well:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_115

Good luck with your project. I'm diggin' the slammed look.

ramey
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
Good luck.

k so i was messing around with my phb an i got my rear end centered out but its still leaning. im going to get an alignment tomorrow ill c if they can do anything about it.

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
Does it ever bottom out with this setup?
i cant tell you the truth becasuse im so low now that im not far from my bumpstops and i could never really tell if i do or not.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd imagine it's hard to give a good review on any shocks when paired with sportlines as you don't use much of the shock travel being pretty much on bumpstops the entire time
Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Your right z28bryan it is hard to give a review when your almost riding on bumpstops but I would also think the ride would be harsh especially on sportlines. But like I said I've never been n any other fbody with different set ups. But it rides pretty good and smooth.

Last edited by r4dio78; 12-07-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Have any better pics of the car with this stance?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we get another review on the shocks now after some more seat time and them being a bit more broke in?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Does your car ever bottom out on the rearend when hittin a dip in the road. I have sportlins I wanna put on and I was thinkin bout stagg shock there cheap on ebay
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Banned

I talked with the guys from Stagg and they put their shocks on par with Bilsteins all day. I personally don't believe this given the huge price difference, but I would definitely try them out if I didn't already have my Bilsteins.

My next F body will be a full bolt on M6, hopefully a TA I'll throw some Staggs on it and see how it goes.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That thing is low! What size of tires are you running?
And can you get me a measurement from ground to the top of the wheel well? I love that stance, just trying to see if itd be practicable for me
Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you get these shocks?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

You can find these on Ebay, lol when you search for Camaro Bilstein these come up.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have decided after 2 short PMs with Sam to go with a set of Bilsteins.

For the price, I would be a little dumb to go with a inferior product for the small difference in money... Especially when it is one of the key things that will make the car less or more enjoyable/nice.

These may or may not be ****... Plenty of good reviews with plenty of horrible reviews.
I have never seen a horrible review of Bilsteins, only good. That is an eye opener.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Yep you can't go wrong with Bilsteins, but they were also a new product once too. I wouldn't be surprised if these Stagg shocks start becoming more popular once more people try them out.

Bilsteins are pretty affordable, but these are just dirt cheap. Who knows, maybe they will stand up to the test of time, maybe they won't. I'm willing to try them out eventually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stagg Shocks And Eibach Sportlings Review