Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering springs install

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow lowering springs install

I know most of you probably install you're own lowering springs, but I don't have the equipment, time, or knowledge to do it myself. Sorry, I'm new to this. But how much do you think a reputable shop would charge to put on a set of Eibach or Hotchkis springs? My mechanic quoted it at a little over 300, and he said I'd need an alignment after that. Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rcoers
I know most of you probably install you're own lowering springs, but I don't have the equipment, time, or knowledge to do it myself. Sorry, I'm new to this. But how much do you think a reputable shop would charge to put on a set of Eibach or Hotchkis springs? My mechanic quoted it at a little over 300, and he said I'd need an alignment after that. Any ideas?

If you lived near....I would charge ya 100 bucks..plus beer... You WILL need an alignment afterwards.
Jonathan Hays
Old 04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Seems like $200 would be enough to do the install, the rears are easy but the fronts will take the proper tools and knowledge to do the install correctly. Hopefully someone in Indy that can do the install will see this post and be able to save you a buck or two.

Al
Old 04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Arrow

Thanks, Dark Age 53. I just called another performance shop here in Indy and they wanted $300 as well, and $60 for the alignment. These prices seem steep. That'd be great if anyone in Indy knows a reputable place I could go to have this done.