Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

WTF happened to my friends e-brake?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF happened to my friends e-brake?!

He went to pull up on it and put it back down and this happened
(see attached pic)

I know it's a crappy picture but if you look at the front of it you will see the button popped out and there is a spring there ect.
how do we fix this??
thanks
-Steve
Attached Thumbnails WTF happened to my friends e-brake?!-ebrake.jpg  
Old 04-17-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the plastic button on the end broke and the spring popped out. If that's the case you will need to get a new button from the dealer unless you can find a salvage yard close by with a f-body. If it didn't break, then the button came loose some how allowing the spring to pop out. You put it back together by sliding the whole cover off. There is a screw on the side down at the bottom that you will need to take out first.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ram-it
It sounds like the plastic button on the end broke and the spring popped out. If that's the case you will need to get a new button from the dealer unless you can find a salvage yard close by with a f-body. If it didn't break, then the button came loose some how allowing the spring to pop out. You put it back together by sliding the whole cover off. There is a screw on the side down at the bottom that you will need to take out first.
what type of screw is on there? mine looks like there is like glue in it or something cuz i cant use a philips screwdriver or anything on it???