Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help..Which Eibach springs do I have installed?

Old 04-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help..Which Eibach springs do I have installed?

I just purchased a 2002 Z28 from a dealer with 28k miles on it. The dealer said it had the "Eibach" suspension kit but does not know which one. The previous owner had the black Eibach cheepo plastic tape emblem pasted on the sides of the car (I simply peeled them off). The car is lower than stock but not too much.

Is there anyway to tell if I have the pro-kit springs? Also, the shocks are orange colored, is this a OEM shock?

I can't contact the previous owner, he is out of state.

Thanks..
Old 04-21-2004, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

I've got a '99 SS with the Bilstein option, which Bilstein package though I'm not actually sure. fwiw, I believe both kits had the same Bilstien shocks and Eibach springs, but one also came with larger anti-sway bars.

My Eibach springs are black, and I guess it's possible that it's lower than stock but if so, only by a very small amout. To me it still looks like it has that damn 4x4 wheel well gap. The Eibach Sportlines are orangey-red, those are the only Eibachs I know of in that color, and will lower your car more than the pro-kit springs. (pro-kit springs are black)

Sportlines are 1.7" (or 1.8") drop in front and 1.5" in the rear over stock.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an eibach pro-kit. the springs are black. My shocks are also orange. they are the stock decarbon shocks
Old 04-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have your setup. Black Eibach springs with the orange stock shocks. Do you know of any reason to change out the stock shocks for aftermarket shocks. The car rides just fine for me now. I am sure I would probably tell a difference with aftermarket shocks but for now I am not having any problems.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Some people tend to change out the stock shocks for something better when the eibach's are installed. I have heard different things throughout this board. I think I would personally change out my shocks for higher performance ones, when I get my eiback kit installed for piece of mind.

Search this Thread