Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear rotors with OEM size inner bore for parking brake

Old 04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear rotors with OEM size inner bore for parking brake

Hello people of LS1Tech,

My car is not a daily driver, and gets less than 3k miles on it per year. In 06/07 or so, I put brembo blanks on it, and lost most functionality of my parking brake as the inner bore of the rotor where the parking brake hat meets the rotor is larger than stock. I tried adjusting them to absolutely no avail. Now, it's time to change them, and I want to make sure I get a set of rotors that will allow me to use my parking brake again.

I figured I could just use OEM rotors, and am prepared to do so if I must, but am asking here first if anyone has any suggestions for rotors that have OEM sized inner bores. I plan on autocrossing the car, and doing occasional track days, so an upgraded rotor is ideal, although not necessary since it is the rear brakes.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Lots of places to get these, including many of our site sponsors.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what diameter are you shooting for? I have EBC 4th gen LS1 F-body rotors on mine, and will be doing a rear shock replacement this evening. It will be no effort to measure while I have everything off.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1981TA
what diameter are you shooting for? I have EBC 4th gen LS1 F-body rotors on mine, and will be doing a rear shock replacement this evening. It will be no effort to measure while I have everything off.
Karl-

Thanks for the offer, but I have no idea. I didn't realize the reason my parking brake became inoperative is because of the inner diameter of the rotor until I did some searching on this site and found people with similar problems. I need to find some OEM Delco rear rotors and measure those first. Or else I'll just order a set of the Delcos and be done with it. Just hoping someone knew off hand.

Thanks again, mate.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, my car has had the e-brake removed, other I'd just apply it and see if it rolls. Cheers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear rotors with OEM size inner bore for parking brake