Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stiff Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stiff Springs

I'm looking for some stiffer springs for the rear of my T/A. The bump stops have been cut off and I'm looking for something that will limit the movement of the rear.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a particular number? 150lb? More?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

No I don't have a specific number. Just something more then stock to make sure I won't bottom out without any bump stops.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So you already cut the bumpstops off huh? After I, and others suggested you just buy the correct fitting wheels or at least spacers. Now you want to spend more money on another band aid fix(thats going to be a total guessing game) that is going to hurt ride, handling and probably launching?
Well you can buy springs from here, but Im not sure about what height you'll end up with...
http://pitstopusa.com/c-134779-sprin...l-pigtail.html
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's always the Moog "cargo coil".........
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Just wondering... you probably did already.. but did you put in an adjustable PHB?

Did you have more rubbing on one side compared to the other?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have not gotten an adj PHB.. YET. I'm headed to summit here in GA to pick one up tomorrow. And yes the rear is not aligned correctly and there was more rubbing on the passenger side.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

For future reference for others, I'd recommend getting an adjustable PHB if you are getting a lot of rubbing on one side. The adjustable ends when made shorter will pull the rear end to the right. When made longer will push the rear end to the left. This way you can keep the bumpstops and not worry about bottoming out on something else (like the shock piston)

Here's a list of spring rates available for the car: http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

Also I guess there are plenty of rear springs available at race shops where you can pretty much put in whatever rates you want. When you up the springrates though you will probably need more rear shock. Konis definitely.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the link. Is that all that's out there? I'm not interested in lowering the car at all. I would like something comparable to stock height but limits the up and down movement of the rear.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't know of too much. 1LE springs if you can find them, but I think you will still go full suspension travel. You might need to go with weight jackers and a choice of spring.

I'm not sure how good they work, but they have bumpstops you can put over the shock piston. I believe there are others out here that have used them. I've heard of someone who's busted their shock though even with it.. so that's why i steer clear. But if you can get it to work, then you can probably get away with a more normal shock compared to the hardcore road race rates you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Stiff Springs