Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think stranos answers have spoke for themselves. I have been lowering cars since 84 you should cut a performance spring it changes things. Yes he drove a basically stock camaro and won a few races. His answers to these questions are disturbingly shallow and confused or lost. His attitude seems to come from people asking him things out of his league.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I see on BMRs website that they compress their spring solid 2 times to ensure no sag over the life of the spring, I wonder if you/Sam/not my point did this to the stranos if anything would change.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Interesting. Look at how much higher the Strano springs are. So you happened to end up with two springs that were both larger than the others. Glad you were able to figure it out. That goes to show you nothing is 100% defect free. Sam should probably refund your money and accept the return. Either that or I bet you could find someone to buy your springs.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strano's attitude (right or wrong) in other threads was enough to make me go the other direction and order BMR. Not only am I happy with the results, I am happy to see that I spent my money with the right sponsor. Strano is always talking about how he is the little guy. But he forgets that every company started as a little guy and their product quality and customer service is what made them grow into the very companies he belittles.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Good thread... Kudo's to the OP.... I am running the Strano's... Was going to go with the Strano LCA's,Adj PHR,Relo brackets,Tq arm etc... However,,, I too was spoken to like I was an idiot SO, I have decided to go with BMR/UMI products... I am leaving the Strano's in place (springs) as I happen to like the look (on my car)... In the end, word of mouth, good customer service wins everytime.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Awesome Firehawk!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Thank you Sir....

Originally Posted by Furious1
Awesome Firehawk!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Your car looks great OP! Im curious to see what Sam's response will be.
Funny. Im not. My guess is that he will ignore the thread completely.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
Funny. Im not. My guess is that he will ignore the thread completely.
Wouldn't blame him with the way people treat him around here sometimes.

Sam has always helped me 100%, even when half of my problems was my own stupidity or overthinking. This is probably due to the common respect I give him during our interactions. Sam has the actual "on the ground" experience with altering these cars for autocross purposes and I'm not about to argue with his wisdom that I reached out and asked for.

When one of you can post the awards and trophies you've earned from tweaking and researching the suspension systems on these cars, feel free to argue a storm. Until then be polite, sit, and listen. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Everyone has different results, but since I wasn't there during the interaction between this individual and Stranoparts I really have only the biased opinion on the forums to go on. My springs DID lower my car, and they DID perform properly. That's what I will still go on with my interactions with this and any other vendor/sponsor of this site-- my own experiences.

To the OP: Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully your final choice you will be happy with.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by szalkerous
Wouldn't blame him with the way people treat him around here sometimes.

Sam has always helped me 100%, even when half of my problems was my own stupidity or overthinking. This is probably due to the common respect I give him during our interactions. Sam has the actual "on the ground" experience with altering these cars for autocross purposes and I'm not about to argue with his wisdom that I reached out and asked for.

When one of you can post the awards and trophies you've earned from tweaking and researching the suspension systems on these cars, feel free to argue a storm. Until then be polite, sit, and listen. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Everyone has different results, but since I wasn't there during the interaction between this individual and Stranoparts I really have only the biased opinion on the forums to go on. My springs DID lower my car, and they DID perform properly. That's what I will still go on with my interactions with this and any other vendor/sponsor of this site-- my own experiences.

To the OP: Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully your final choice you will be happy with.

And what about the way he treats people around here? Your intention of victimize him will not work. For a small proof go and look for the thread that originated this one. Like Hollo I figured this guy out a long time ago.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regardless of the drama I am glad to see you got your car how you want it.

Drive it like you stole it and enjoy breaking it in
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

^ what?? So you are saying that because I do not have any awards/trophies I should just shut up, listen, and whatever he is says is always 100% true, no questions asked?!

The bottom line is I was told numerous times that the zero ride height change issue IS NOT/CANNOT be due to his springs. After going down the list and ruling out all other possibility, leaving the springs themselves, he still claimed his springs are not the issue. As this thread shows, he was clearly wrong!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camarokid327
The bottom line is I was told numerous times that the zero ride height change issue IS NOT/CANNOT be due to his springs. After going down the list and ruling out all other possibility, leaving the springs themselves, he still claimed his springs are not the issue. As this thread shows, he was clearly wrong!
We're assuming you know how to do the install properly. We're assume nothing was under bind or assembled incorrectly. We're assuming nothing was overlooked. We're assuming all other components of your vehicle are in perfect working order.

We're doing a lot of assuming. A number of things could have been off during the Stranoparts install that was touched and incidentally fixed when you put the BMR springs in. As far as I know, you're not an ASE mechanic, so the burden of proof here would be in your abilities versus a parts manufacturer with a lot of experience and trained staff on hand. (Not to mention many dozens of satisfied customers)

Originally Posted by chaman
And what about the way he treats people around here? Your intention of victimize him will not work. For a small proof go and look for the thread that originated this one. Like Hollo I figured this guy out a long time ago.
Strano also has one knowledgeable customer for every ten dumbasses that call him up. That ratio is even worse on this forum. I would have ceased doing business here a long time ago if I was him. Lucky for those of us who have enjoyed his products and advice, he still does.

Not here to start more drama. If you're happy with the BMR springs, then that's all that matters. BMR is a good company, too. I have a few of their parts, and am just as happy with them.

PS - Good news is you'll probably find a buyer for that set of Strano springs pretty quickly. If I had another F-Body I'd gladly take them off your hands.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All the guy had to do was throw the OP two springs to see if that was the issue or not. Very easy, everyone is happy even if the first set of springs were the problem. I don't think anyone would fault Sam for a set of defective springs....manufacturing defects happen. These are the things you have to do sometimes for good customer relations. I own my own business and do the same thing from time to time. And I can say I usually end up getting more business because of it.

Or you have a situation like this where you can save yourself a couple hundred on the front end being stubborn....and end up losing thousands later.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Good thread... Kudo's to the OP.... I am running the Strano's... Was going to go with the Strano LCA's,Adj PHR,Relo brackets,Tq arm etc... However,,, I too was spoken to like I was an idiot SO, I have decided to go with BMR/UMI products... I am leaving the Strano's in place (springs) as I happen to like the look (on my car)... In the end, word of mouth, good customer service wins everytime.
There are no such things as Strano LCAs, SFCs, etc. It's just rebranded suspension parts from a sponsor here with the exact same specs as the company who is rebranding it for Strano. BMR and J&M/Hot Part Suspension do not and will not ever rebrand suspension parts for Strano, so show your support for them.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CoSpeed
There are no such things as Strano LCAs, SFCs, etc. It's just rebranded suspension parts from a sponsor here with the exact same specs as the company who is rebranding it for Strano. BMR and J&M/Hot Part Suspension do not and will not ever rebrand suspension parts for Strano, so show your support for them.
Sad seeing a sponsor so misguided...
Sam has never rebranded anything (unlike other sponsors, ironically the two you named are the main contributors). The only parts he sells for our cars with his name on it is his springs and swaybars - which are made to his spec.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^
Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Sad seeing a sponsor so misguided...
Sam has never rebranded anything (unlike other sponsors, ironically the two you named are the main contributors). The only parts he sells for our cars with his name on it is his springs and swaybars - which are made to his spec.
No I'm not misguided. You're just not reading and it's typical for you stand up for Strano no matter what. The person posted 'Strano LCAs, etc" and I am saying there are no such things and if they were, they are rebranded. Which Strano has tried to do with most of the suspension companies here and argued with them and upset them. This is why he only has UMI listed on his site. The other companies do not want to deal with him. And if he has other suspension parts listed on his site, it just means he gets them from a warehouse distributor reseller and isnt direct.
Yes I know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CoSpeed
No I'm not misguided. You're just not reading and it's typical for you stand up for Strano no matter what. The person posted 'Strano LCAs, etc" and I am saying there are no such things and if they were, they are rebranded. Which Strano has tried to do with most of the suspension companies here and argued with them and upset them. This is why he only has UMI listed on his site. The other companies do not want to deal with him. And if he has other suspension parts listed on his site, it just means he gets them from a warehouse distributor reseller and isnt direct.
Yes I know what I'm talking about.
This I ignored...damn this guy is something else.

So Mr JD_AMG...did you saw the OP pics?? Nothing to say add or illustrate us with? Cat got your tongue? I guess you dont know as much as you claim to, huh?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

We're assuming you know how to do the install properly. We're assume nothing was under bind or assembled incorrectly. We're assuming nothing was overlooked. We're assuming all other components of your vehicle are in perfect working order.

We're doing a lot of assuming. A number of things could have been off during the Stranoparts install that was touched and incidentally fixed when you put the BMR springs in. As far as I know, you're not an ASE mechanic, so the burden of proof here would be in your abilities versus a parts manufacturer with a lot of experience and trained staff on hand. (Not to mention many dozens of satisfied customers)

Strano also has one knowledgeable customer for every ten dumbasses that call him up. That ratio is even worse on this forum. I would have ceased doing business here a long time ago if I was him. Lucky for those of us who have enjoyed his products and advice, he still does.

Not here to start more drama. If you're happy with the BMR springs, then that's all that matters. BMR is a good company, too. I have a few of their parts, and am just as happy with them.

PS - Good news is you'll probably find a buyer for that set of Strano springs pretty quickly. If I had another F-Body I'd gladly take them off your hands.

As it is turning around those "knowledgeable" customer do no know that much... Keep enjoying his advice because as things are looking that great customer service a bigotry will not last 5 years more, tops. If they do I would be much surprised.

Quick Reply: RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!