Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help!! Street strip setup for 4th gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!! Street strip setup for 4th gen SS

I'm looking at lowering my car finally. I have never messed with any suspension stuff, so I am looking for opinions on which route I should go. It's a daily driver with heads/cam and stall. Going to the strip about once a month so I want it to be more on the drag style than anything else.... Anything helps thanks!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While I'm not as suspension obsessed as many others in this section, I'll tell you what I went with as I, too, wanted more a street/strip setup than anything else.

SLP springs
SLP Bilstein shocks/struts
UMI Lower Control Arms (single adjustable)
UMI Panhard (single adjustable)
UMI Lower Control Arm Brackets (bolt in; using lowest hole)
UMI 2-point SFC's (bolt in)
UMI Strut Brace

With that set up, I am cutting consistent 1.9/2.0 60's with all season Uniroyals. I went with the SLP springs because, while I like the look of BMR & Strano springs, I needed something better for drag racing weight transfer. The SLP set up seemed to be best compromise (lowered my SS about an inch).

I hope to add a UMI tunnel mount adjustable torque arm and UMI relocation mount by the end of the season. Aside from that, I likely won't be doing anything else to the suspension.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
While I'm not as suspension obsessed as many others in this section, I'll tell you what I went with as I, too, wanted more a street/strip setup than anything else.

SLP springs
SLP Bilstein shocks/struts
UMI Lower Control Arms (single adjustable)
UMI Panhard (single adjustable)
UMI Lower Control Arm Brackets (bolt in; using lowest hole)
UMI 2-point SFC's (bolt in)
UMI Strut Brace

With that set up, I am cutting consistent 1.9/2.0 60's with all season Uniroyals. I went with the SLP springs because, while I like the look of BMR & Strano springs, I needed something better for drag racing weight transfer. The SLP set up seemed to be best compromise (lowered my SS about an inch).

I hope to add a UMI tunnel mount adjustable torque arm and UMI relocation mount by the end of the season. Aside from that, I likely won't be doing anything else to the suspension.
Alright thank you, I'm just looking for a decent compromise between looks and functionality for the strip. My car looks like a monster truck the way it sits now lol
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty69
I'm looking at lowering my car finally. I have never messed with any suspension stuff, so I am looking for opinions on which route I should go. It's a daily driver with heads/cam and stall. Going to the strip about once a month so I want it to be more on the drag style than anything else.... Anything helps thanks!!

A good set of adjustable shocks and springs to compliment suspension parts will get you where you need to go.

Give us a call... We can help you select the right parts the first time and have the guaranteed best prices. We have a lot of street and track experience to help get your package tuned right as well. The quickest and fastest stock suspension f-body cars are using MWC suspension components and rearends!

Quick Reply: Need Help!! Street strip setup for 4th gen SS