Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors?

Are these rotors any good? I need to replace my front rotors and pads soon as was planing on getting non- stock ones for the fron this time. Just wondering as to how good these are and would it make a difference if I have stock AcDelco rotors and pads on the rear?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

They're good rotors, had good feedback in terms of fit, etc. The trick here is if you want a slotted type rotor, these don't make noise like straight slots can/do (it's a harmonic thing they break up with variable small slots instead). And they are coated so they don't rust like plain uncoated rotors.

If those are things you are after, then by all means I'd consider them. I carry them. If you just need new rotors and want them to stop, then I'd go blanks (which I also have), save some money, but I'd still team those up with (most likely), Hawk HPS pads.

And yes, you can stay with the Delco stuff on the rear until you need to change it out. No dangerous issues will result.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look into EBC. Made in Europe. No China junk.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a set of Hawk rotors with HPS pads, great combo so far. Quiet, coated, and very well balanced (zero vibrations under braking. Some people like EBC, however my experience with their products has shown them to not stand up to abuse, and I wouldn't recommend them.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I can get EBC, not a big fan myself but if you want me to do them for you, I certainly can. BTW, I also have a package deal on Hawk HPS+Quiet Slot for the car (that's all 4 corners) on the website. Knocks another $20 or so off the set of everything.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors?