Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Handling Package: "2.5"... $624 Koni STR.T + Strano Spring

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Default New Handling Package: "2.5"... $624 Koni STR.T + Strano Spring

It's on the website. Springs are in stock. Rear shocks are in stock (though in short supply). Front shocks are due in next month (September). You can order this now if you like I just wanted to get it up on the site and make you guys aware of it.

http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...D=90&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's on the website. Springs are in stock. Rear shocks are in stock (though in short supply). Front shocks are due in next month (September). You can order this now if you like I just wanted to get it up on the site and make you guys aware of it.

http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...D=90&ModelID=7
Do you recommend using relocation brackets for the LCA's when installing your springs?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I sell them. I know that the rest of the world implies you have to have them. But I don't in any way think they are a requirement, so no I can't say I automatically recommend them.

There are uses for them, there are times they might be needed. Just because you put lowering springs on isn't an automatic must have it kind of thing. And if you have some issue that indicates they'd help you after you drive the car... they are easily added later.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is your opinion on the konis vs bilsteins? Mine are worn out after like two years, most of that time spent on your springs. I've come to terms that I can't spend money on koni yellows, so I'm not sure if I should go with bilsteins again or give these a try. Love your springs by the way.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, what you've found is the that the Bilstein's have never been the ideal for lowering springs. They last a while, but not forever. That said, the STR.T's for the Camaro are brand new shocks and a full set hasn't even been here for the car yet. All I can do is go off of how they've been working for other cars we've used them on/they've been available for, like Mustangs and Honda's, etc.

I believe they will be better, the STR.T's I'm talking about. Koni always has more rebound damping than Bilstein, and they've been making the Sports for a long time and I don't typically run them anywhere near full stiff. Granted I like more oomph than full soft, and STR.T's are more geared to the soft end of the Sports, but in my experience on cars that I've run numerous shocks on like S197 Mustangs (Bilstein, Koni Sport, Koni STR.T, Tokico D-spec, Tokico Blue, FR3 Ford Racing, etc.) I think the STR.T fits the budget minded (meaning not wanting adjustable) guy the best. They ride better than the Ford Racing, have more damping than the Bilstein's or the Tokico Blues.

Does that help?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes it does, thank you very much for the quick and detailed response. I would really love koni yellows but they are just a bit too much out of my price range. And I am planning on purchasing your sway bars as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure... glad I could help. Have a shipment of sway bars due in this coming week.

The only thing I'd add about the shocks (or in fact any part) is this: Consider strongly the value of your purchase over the long run. Bilstein's have never been ideal, but work pretty well when fresh. But now they've given up the ghost for your needs. Add the price of Bilstein's to whatever you replace them with (another set of Bilstein's, Koni STR.T, whatever) and you you end up damn near what a set of Koni Sports would be. Now, it's possible the STR.T's will do what you want, and what you need for a long time, but there is no way to 100% know that, every person is different.

Not trying to make your decision more difficult, simply trying to keep you from throwing good money after bad if you what you really need is a more premium damper.

Sam

Old 08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

You make a good point though. I've only put the best parts on my car and I absolutely hate making comprises. I really want the car to handle the best that is possible. So maybe if worse comes to worse I'll just have it sit for a while I save since I have a daily driver. It's getting time to replace all four tires and brakes, so everything is piling up at once and it's difficult to make decisions haha.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Might I ask which end is acting up? Maybe you take advantage of the Koni sale, while it's still on for Sports at that end, vs. the entire set at one time. At least that would save you something more than when they are all not on sale in a few weeks time, right?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's true, I didn't think of that. I'm not sure which end it is to be honest. It's just starting to feel sloppy in general, less control, along with some squeaks. Has a good amount of body roll but I know sway bars will take care of a lot of that. I'm thinking of replacing the strut mounts while I'm in there. But that would save me some money to buy one set. How much longer will that sale be going on?

Last edited by ncfastls1; 08-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The sale is on until the end of the month (pretty much, I have to end it on 8/29 as I'm leaving for Solo Nationals and nobody will be here to do anything after that).

The squeaks aren't likely the shocks. The feeling more sloppy is the rebound damping getting weaker, and that's what the Sports allow you to adjust/get a lot more of. Weaker rebound doesn't make the car roll more, but the roll you get is generated faster. Bars=less actual roll amount, shocks=slower roll rate, but the same ultimate roll in a long corner.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This for all for corners?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes. I have springs in stock, and the rear shocks. Front shocks are still a little ways out, unfortunately.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to be this guy, but any pictures of a car with this setup? I don't want to lose my low but I want the handling quality.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Sorry to be this guy, but any pictures of a car with this setup? I don't want to lose my low but I want the handling quality.
Tons of pics with Strano springs, do a search.

If you like the way the car sits now, just buy the shocks.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The shocks won't change the height unless they have the lower perch position option (which only Koni Sports have in front). Some folks run them that way, you just have read the details of folks who have posted pics. I will post some of my springs on cars.

No, I don't have pics of "this kit" as the front shocks haven't yet arrived in the USA. FWIW, this will quickly become a much better value than the SLP Bilstein's as I just got new pricing and they are going up and will actually cost more in the near future. I still have the SLP's at the current pricing. And right now SLP's are more readily available, I just placed my order for some more because the Koni STR.T's are still a little ways off.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

See if this helps your concern about the spring's ride height:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ring-kits.html

Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

What is the 2.5 for in the title? Also this is on sale till when and this package includes 4 koni str.t and 4 Strano lowering springs?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Because it slots in between kits HP2 and HP3 that I already had. Pretty much that simple, don't look too far for a magic reason, that's just what I opted to call it.

The price is not subject to the Koni sale, the price is what you see as the fronts have not made it to the US and won't before the sale's end. And yes, it is the 4 STR.T's and the set of springs.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

the current price i seen on your website the Koni STr.T are $375 currently so would the price raise when you get the fronts in?

Quick Reply: New Handling Package: "2.5"... $624 Koni STR.T + Strano Spring