Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders 3 pc ball LCA bushing help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Founders 3 pc ball LCA bushing help

Was trying to get the bushings all in place on these LCAs to get ready to put them on the car this weekend and for some reason I'm having a hellva time trying to get the holes in the inner ball and outer cups to line up correctly. I've followed the install instructions they sent me, but I'm having trouble when I pull the center sleeve out like they say to after pressing in the first cup and ball in on one side. When I slide the sleeve out the ball doesn't want to stay lined up so that I can press the other cup in and reinstall the center sleeve. Am I not doing something correctly or maybe there is a simpler way to do this?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you lube the bushings(and sleeve) before trying to install them...?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Did you lube the bushings(and sleeve) before trying to install them...?
I did, the bushing cup, ball, sleeve and barrel of the LCA were all lubed. I can get the one side in fine, but like I said, as soon as I start to try to pull the sleeve out to do the other side of the bushing, the ball ever so slightly wants to shift causing the holes not to line up right. Tomorrow I'm going to try another end and see if it gets an better/easier.

Btw,I was trying to pull the sleeve out thru the "inside" of the barrel when removing it. When I try again, I'll pull it out from the outside instead and hopefully it'll keep the ball lined up better.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Took me a few tries the first time also. The outer cups are soft enough however that I was able to just wiggle the sleeve a bit to get it back into place.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Took me a few tries the first time also. The outer cups are soft enough however that I was able to just wiggle the sleeve a bit to get it back into place.
Gotcha, I'll give it another shot and just keep messin' with it. I'm ready to get them on there and see how they do. Finally got my Strano springs and Bilsteins delivered, so hopefully when everything is installed my car will feeling pretty good on the road.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Same setup I have and I'm quite happy

Quick Reply: Founders 3 pc ball LCA bushing help