Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear end feels loose

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear end feels loose

My rear end feels very loose while driving around town. Almost feels like its not tight "connected" to the car. Rattles like crazy while going over bumps ect.. I just replaced lower control arms with umi roto/roto's with relocation brackets. Stranos/konis and roto/roto adjustable panhard bar. What could give the feeling of looseness? Torque arm? Rear end? I'm lost. I was expecting a solid ride after all I replaced. I changed all the parts at once. I didn't drive it to much before I replaced the parts but from what I remember it felt like this also. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you forget some bolts? Low tires pressure? Everything torqued to spec?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol I don't think I forgot any bolts. I didn't torque anything done. Just made sure everything was tight.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tighten up the roto joints with UMI's wrench a little. if you didn't buy the wrench along with the roto's, i'd highly recommend doing so.

i was one of the people who got their first batch of roto joints before they included the set-screw on the adjuster, so they would loosen up all the time, and had to be tightened up again. i put some threadlocker on them, and it helped, but over time, they still loosen up.

even if you have the ones with the set-screw, it's possible that they're not adjusted correctly, so that's the first thing i'd check.

also, since you went roto/roto instead of poly/roto, you're going to have more NVH than you're used to, so some of it may just take some getting used to.

you'll probably also want to make sure that the springs are sitting in their isolators correctly, and are fully pressed down onto the mounts at the bottom as well. if they're not in the isolators correctly at the top, it can cause them to be at the wrong angle, and it could be trying to come off the mount at the bottom at times, causing it to clank.

and if you didn't use a torque wrench, it's possible that things are just not tight enough...put a beating on them, use a cheater bar if you have to in order to make sure the bolts are really nice & tight.

Quick Reply: Rear end feels loose