Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Size or Part # for caliper mounting bolts, need some help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Size or Part # for caliper mounting bolts, need some help ASAP!

So this is pretty random as I put on my slotted and drilled rotors along with some new pads about 2 years ago and I've put about 15k miles on them since without a problem. Earlier today as I was driving through a parking garage I heard a little grinding and I parked immediately, checked it out, and the upper mounting bolt for the caliper, not the bolt and sliding pin thing but the bolt that attaches the caliper to the spindle came off at some point. Thank god it was the top bolt and not the bottom or my wheel would have locked up (right now it can't go backwards and barely forwards). I was hoping someone knew where to pick it up and next time I'm putting on some loctite and torquing it to 70. If I remember correctly it was pretty big and needed a 3/4" or like 18mm socket I think.

Edit: And this is for the front drivers side if that matters.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

In here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...read-size.html

The bolts can be had from the dealer and I recall that the torque spec on those was 74 ft-lb
Old 10-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help with the size of the bolt, I think the guy above me helped with that... but this happened to me as well. Except mine was after I did the CTSv upgrade. I was driving home from the track and heard a pop and a clunk and then my brakes started to drag.

I ended up going to a local hardware store and bought a grade8 bolt that fit.

Quick Reply: Size or Part # for caliper mounting bolts, need some help ASAP!