Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

control arm outter sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default control arm outter sleeves

I searched and searched I'm doing over my whole suspensions everything replaced blasted and powder coated got my control arms back and the powder coater fed up my sleeves for the bushing removed and tossed thought they were part of the old ..my fault should have told him...now my delima is finding those sleeves ..can you buy them aftermarket or am I going to have to bite the bullet and just go tubular
Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the sleeves come as part of the bushing....if you buy stock replacements...like MOOG....

But if you're doing like the Energy kit without metal.....you're probably SOL.

On tubular....they come with poly bushings or straight metal...so it depends what kind of ride you're looking for.....tubular will be harsher.....

If you decide to go tubular...I'll buy your powdercoated peices.....if the price is right....what color did you powdercoat them?
Old 10-13-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus2227
I searched and searched I'm doing over my whole suspensions everything replaced blasted and powder coated got my control arms back and the powder coater fed up my sleeves for the bushing removed and tossed thought they were part of the old ..my fault should have told him...now my delima is finding those sleeves ..can you buy them aftermarket or am I going to have to bite the bullet and just go tubular
If you have OE style rubber bushings, the outer shells, rubber inserts, and inner sleeves are all bonded together into a 1 piece affair, and you install them as a single part.

If you have polyurethane parts, everything is separate, and you assemble it at home. I doubt that you can purchase individual parts, but absolute worst case, all you need to do is purchase another set of the bushings.

Are you talking about bushings for the upper a-arms or the lower ones?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea both upper and lower..I bought the energy kit. So I may have to try and buy the oe bushings
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus2227
Yea both upper and lower..I bought the energy kit. So I may have to try and buy the oe bushings
Why?

I'm not sure I understand what parts you're missing. The inner sleeves, or the outer shells?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think you can get just the outer shells anywhere. I haven't seen them.

However, I would NOT use poly in the caster bushing (the vertical one) on the lower control arm. People have literally broken the mount and/or arm by putting poly there. Rubber, heim joint, roto joint, etc (something that can move 90* of the bolt instead of in line).

Quick Reply: control arm outter sleeves