Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can Camber & Caster maxed out??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Can Camber & Caster maxed out??

So I went to have my car aligned yesterday since I had my steering rack replaced. After they got done they said the camber & caster is maxed out? Is that possible?

Now don't blast me but the front stock springs are cut about 1 1/4 coil off. I know, I'll be getting some aftermarkets springs soon

The guy literally got my car, put it on the rack, did whatever work he did, and had it outside parked saying it was ready.....all within like 15 minutes.

I only went to this place because I got a coupon in the mail for 50% off alignment. When actually about 3-4 weeks ago I also had my car aligned at a Chevy dealership. That's when they inspected my steering rack was leaking and needed replacement, but didn't mention anything about a bad alignment??

The front inner tires were getting worn more then other areas of the tire. I rotated them yesterday to see if I can even them on the rear lol

Anyways here is the graph:

Here is how the car sits, it not slammed and I have Long Tubes which don't really scrape either:

Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be totally honest, those numbers aren't bad at all. How does it drive??

Unless you start elongating the slots in the K-member, at least the ones used to adjust camber, that probably is indeed the most negative camber you can get. However, if all you're doing is driving on the street, that's probably as much as you'd want. Same on the caster....
Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't driven it that much since I had it aligned. Car mostly sits in the garage.

It does drive straight and didn't seem to pull when driving home
Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks perfectly fine to me, and that's truly about all the negative camber you really want on the street.

Quick Reply: Can Camber & Caster maxed out??