Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

is it still possible to buy new stock GM suspension parts for these cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default is it still possible to buy new stock GM suspension parts for these cars?

Installed Koni SA's on stock suspension at 40K 6 years ago and the car was perfect for me. Now, I just got all new Koni SA's under warranty at 120k and not happy with the ride, just too bouncy, like the bushings are binding from being so old or something. Had the car looked at by a couple different mechanics and nothing looks bad or like it needs replaced. The alignment is good as well, they just kind of say that's what happens as the rubber ages 13 years.

So I'd like to just replace almost everything with new stock parts or something really similar. Springs, control arms, panhard, shock mounts, tie rods, ball joints, If not I'll probably just sell the car. Not really concerned about the cost, just want it how it was if possible.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 146 Likes on 118 Posts

You can by new bushings, tie rods, and ***** joints from Moog. You can buy new springs, but I'd bet the one you have are fine, unless you see sagging.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doubt you'll find factory parts but MOOG makes most of these parts in rubber still so it's "like factory". These MOOG parts are easily found at nearly any autoparts stores and are in several locations on these cars actually suggested over the use of Poly-Urethane bushings.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Cool. Thanks! Does moog make rear LCAs or A arms? Last year when I started thinking about this I couldn't find any with rubber bushings that weren't Chinese crap. That's where I was gonna start and then I got sidetracked.

Just looking at the car and comparing it to pics from 6 years ago its definitely sitting noticeably lower all the way around. Do you think that'd be from the springs sagging?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spink
Cool. Thanks! Does moog make rear LCAs or A arms? Last year when I started thinking about this I couldn't find any with rubber bushings that weren't Chinese crap. That's where I was gonna start and then I got sidetracked.

Just looking at the car and comparing it to pics from 6 years ago its definitely sitting noticeably lower all the way around. Do you think that'd be from the springs sagging?
A big fat HELL YES to the spring sagging, my fronts are so bad my front sits as low as many that are on BMR or Strano springs.

as for the control arms, they make replacement bushings but I don't see complete replacement arms.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 146 Likes on 118 Posts

you can buy new arms from gm parts direct, but they are ridiculously expensive. Unless what you've got is rusted to the point it is compromised, just replace the bushings.

I had my stock parts media blasted and powder coated, and then replaced the bushings with moog rubber bushings. Good as new.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Nice! No rust on mine so ill definitely go that route.

Quick Reply: is it still possible to buy new stock GM suspension parts for these cars?