Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

poly bushings for front only

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default poly bushings for front only

I am going with bmr's rear control arms and sway bar package front and rear. Do any of our sponsors here sell poly bushings for the upper and lower control arms only without all of the other needed stuff since I've gone the aftermarket route.

I'm keeping this car kinda simple poly in front bmr lowers in the rear their full sway bar package and bilsteins on the stock springs.

When it comes to bilsteins are the HD's the recommended set for stock springs or just the normal bilsteins.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
I am going with bmr's rear control arms and sway bar package front and rear. Do any of our sponsors here sell poly bushings for the upper and lower control arms only without all of the other needed stuff since I've gone the aftermarket route.

I'm keeping this car kinda simple poly in front bmr lowers in the rear their full sway bar package and bilsteins on the stock springs.

When it comes to bilsteins are the HD's the recommended set for stock springs or just the normal bilsteins.
You may want to try searching before you buy anything.
Poly bushing bind, and can cause unpredictable handling and poor ride quality. They can bind up the front so bad that its possible to crack a front control arm.
Stick with either rubber bushings or rotojoints.
On the same note of searching you would have also seen that BMRs swaybars are not ideal for handling as their rear bar is too big (basically a relabeled drag bar). Ideal is 35mm front with 21 or 22mm rear, no bigger.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Guess I'm going to call sam strano in the morning. I completely forgot about him I purchased a ton of stuff 10 years or so ago from him for my last T/A. Last thing I want to do is blow money.I'm looking for the parts to make a improvement over factory and correct 12 years of age and miles but just for a nice street driver.

Last edited by 01WS6/tamu; 02-09-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: poly bushings for front only