Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for thoughts on rough ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I can't give a logical reason for it, but in my experience the LS1 Pro-kit makes for a terrible ride. A friend had them with Konis and I hated the way his car rode. He went back to stock springs for a while and it made a huge improvement. Later he went to Stranos and it still rode well. But the Prokit was awful.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^I got a Prokit for free from a friend for Christmas. I've been on the fence on installing it. I hate the ride quality I currently have, so there is no way I'd want it to be worse! It's tempting from a purely aesthetic stand point though to fill in those wheel wells..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dainius56
Well after all the hard suspension work I've done, I'm looking for ideas on what the main culprit is to change out to help with ride comfort. Only reason is I'm giving my daily driver ranger to my fiances son for 16th bday so driving this daily for a bit. I'll list what mods I've got LT1 pro kit springs- thinking this is it KYB adjustables all the way around Subrframe connectors bolt in double adjustable panhard bar Founders On-Car Adjustable Lower Control Arms Poly/Rod Founders On Car Adjustable Panhard Rod Bar Rod/Rod Style Founders Lower Control Arms Relocation Brackets BMR trans mount adj torque arm Since dropping with the springs and now with LT headers and Texas speed Y I'm scraping often. So i'm looking to maybe go back to factory springs to help comfort if this seems to be culprit. Don't get me wrong I love the drive but getting older and the fact that fiancé refuses to ride in it lol, need to make some changes. Besides heard these springs are bad for launch anyways. Hook me up with some thoughts and thanks in advance.
Might want to reconsider getting married to someone so stubborn they won't even ride in your car because it's so low.

Just playing with you. Honestly, i haven't heard many positive things about KYB coilovers.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

The Founders LCAs seem to be the best of both worlds for a primarily street driven car. Not too noisy and less bind than the standard poly ends.

Quick Reply: Looking for thoughts on rough ride