Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Sale!!!! In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I've got Bilstein's.. I think 2 months might be optimistic. None are transit, and none are in production at this time (and it's a solid month once in transit)....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
try 15 year old with 205k mile deCarbon's then come talk to me, I REALLY wish someone had the STR.T's in stock, I may be forced to go to the Bilsteins just because of the lack of stock and not certain I can maintain driving on these things for 2 more months.
I'm thinking the same thing. Going to go with Bilsteins since nobody can get the Koni's. It's funny how we put the Koni's on a pedestal just because of the name. Has anybody even got any of these to test them out? Are they really that great on our cars? Koni should have stepped it up before these were released. Now they are so far behind, it seems like it will be winter again before we see them. Don't force yourself to go with Bilstein. They are a proven good shock for our cars. You can find a lot of good reviews on them. I'm not going to think twice about it. I can't afford and don't want the "greatest shocks ever"-Koni adjustables and don't want to wait FOREVER for the STR.T's. So Bilstein it is!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

I will definitely be placing an order with you Sam for the STR's.... I suckered into the 8 way adj KYB's and cant stand the ride...Bday is in April so I'm thinking I can get the fiancé to agree to a set along with some Strano Springs since this pro-kit is aweful too lol
Old 03-06-2014, 05:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CGT77
I'm thinking the same thing. Going to go with Bilsteins since nobody can get the Koni's. It's funny how we put the Koni's on a pedestal just because of the name. Has anybody even got any of these to test them out? Are they really that great on our cars? Koni should have stepped it up before these were released. Now they are so far behind, it seems like it will be winter again before we see them. Don't force yourself to go with Bilstein. They are a proven good shock for our cars. You can find a lot of good reviews on them. I'm not going to think twice about it. I can't afford and don't want the "greatest shocks ever"-Koni adjustables and don't want to wait FOREVER for the STR.T's. So Bilstein it is!
There are a few folks on here that have the STR.T's, you could try to find them. Ive got to get some estimates for work that is beyond my capacity to do but I might just be able to swing the entry level Koni yellows, but based on my past experience Koni yellows are well worth it (but they where way cheaper on my old car) I had the single adjustable Koni yellows with the Ground Control coil-overs (which used Eibach springs) on my old 94 accord (see attached pictures) and my tires never rubbed the fenders and I could take corners at 60 MPH that if you where driving a 99 jeep grand cherokee you would be afraid to go thru at 30 for fear of rolling the jeep (my sister had one).

there are times I miss 4 wheel independent suspension, solid rear axles can be really harsh at times.
Attached Thumbnails Koni Sale!!!!  In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!-8434_102278136452689_1503759_n.jpg   Koni Sale!!!!  In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!-8434_102278126452690_3362572_n.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CGT77
Well there are STR.T's out there. Some came in, I was all over this forum when I had them saying I had them.

RE: the notion that Koni's get put on a pedestal because of the name. That's pretty silly. They are a known quantity in the damping world. They put shocks on F1 cars for Pete's sake. The STR.T damper has been around for a while for other cars, I'd probably my 2nd biggest seller on the new Mustangs, so it's not like I have no experience with them.

Are they are zillions for the Camaro? No, it was a new part number and they went conservative on the build quantities until they got a sense how they the shocks were going to sell. And like it or not, Koni isn't going to drop everything else for a car that isn't in production and hasn't been for over 12 years, newer cars can and will take priority, it's business.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Understood, Sam. I do remember reading at one point that you stocked the STR.T's. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready to buy then. I'm not saying that the STR.T is a bad shock, or Koni anything for that matter. With all your experience, you would definitely be the guy to know. Just wondering though, really, what makes the STR.T a better option than the Bilstein? Both have a lifetime warranty, correct? I'm assuming, if anything, better internals on the Koni. Maybe they hold up better with lowering springs. Just curious. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just keep in mind that over the last few years both Bilstien's and Koni Sports have also suffered HUGE backorder statuses as well.

Koni tends to run a bit more rebound damping than Bilstein, and that's what I like about them. Now I like them *slightly* better for this car, a lot more vs. Bilstein's on a Mustang. I've been telling folks that if they cannot wait, the difference is not big enough to warrant the wait. Unless the combination of the slightly more (and I think better) rebound damping AND the price with the sale is too much to resist. Then we just have to wait it out.

The STR.T's are Koni's shot at the 'less expensive' market that they for years just gave away. Nothing more, they are not replacements for Sports, nothing less. The valving and warranty is all Koni, which has a pretty good track record.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just keep in mind that over the last few years both Bilstien's and Koni Sports have also suffered HUGE backorder statuses as well.

Koni tends to run a bit more rebound damping than Bilstein, and that's what I like about them. Now I like them *slightly* better for this car, a lot more vs. Bilstein's on a Mustang. I've been telling folks that if they cannot wait, the difference is not big enough to warrant the wait. Unless the combination of the slightly more (and I think better) rebound damping AND the price with the sale is too much to resist. Then we just have to wait it out.

The STR.T's are Koni's shot at the 'less expensive' market that they for years just gave away. Nothing more, they are not replacements for Sports, nothing less. The valving and warranty is all Koni, which has a pretty good track record.
Got ya. Thanks for the response. If the STR.T's were readily available, I'm thinking I would go that route. Since I'm trying to get my car done before Spring, I'm 99% sure I'm going Bilstein. I'll let you know.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure. And what you are thinking is what we've been doing for folks who don't want to wait, and don't want to go to Sports.

Sam

Old 03-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Any updates on when the KONI SRT T shocks may be in?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ESTIMATE (note the caps) is May. It is not something I can or will guarantee. They will get here when they get here and ETA's can and do change. I know that some say the ETA is date certain, I will not. Been burned by that changing in the past.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Teching In

New ETA is JULY
Old 04-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

So I got the rears in this past friday.

Would it be weird if I just put the rears in for now and do the fronts later?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Plus the Konis have a lifetime warranty still right? That was a big reason I planned on just spending a bit more instead of going with Bilsteins.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Aquinas
So I got the rears in this past friday.

Would it be weird if I just put the rears in for now and do the fronts later?
I would install them.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MR WESST 02
Plus the Konis have a lifetime warranty still right? That was a big reason I planned on just spending a bit more instead of going with Bilsteins.
Only to the original purchaser. They'll ask for the invoice (proof of purchase) and your current vehicle registration.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes, the Koni STR.T's keep getting pushed back, and back, and back. There are still none in transit and as far as I can find none being built yet. It will be a while until we see them again.

Koni does have a lifetime warranty to the original owner (which is why used is not usually wise unless it's such a smoking deal it would be less to buy a set of them and at least one new one for less than the cost of the set on sale).

Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just ordered a set of Strano springs and Koni Yellow's (on car adjustable)-- I'm pretty excited!

One thing I can't seem to find, is how easy are these to adjust on the car? I can't seem to find any information on that...

I'm still learning about the f-body.. I came from the Mustang community..!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Bilstein B6 (HD) has a Lifetime Warranty as well!

http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/s...vice/warranty/

"GENERAL AFTERMARKET WARRANTY DETAILS
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America warrants its gas pressure shock absorbers against defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you, the original purchaser, own your car.

If a shock/strut malfunctions and Bilstein determines it to be defective, we will either replace it or repair it depending on the term of the warranty based on the assembly's model type.
Note: If your vehicle was equipped with Bilstein from the factory (original equipment), warranty claims must be directed to the vehicle manufacturer.

WARRANTY DETAILS FOR TC (B4) / C / HD (B6) / Sport (B8) / BTS (B12) / PSS (B14) / PSS9 & PSS10 (B16) / 5100 (Application Specific) GAS PRESSURE SHOCKS
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the life of each Gas Pressure Shock, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Proof of purchase is required process warranty. Please return product to the original place of purchase."

Shock details:
http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/mm.../drivetype=RWD

Originally Posted by MR WESST 02
Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 5_litre_eater
I just ordered a set of Strano springs and Koni Yellow's (on car adjustable)-- I'm pretty excited!

One thing I can't seem to find, is how easy are these to adjust on the car? I can't seem to find any information on that...

I'm still learning about the f-body.. I came from the Mustang community..!
I think the rears are easy.. you adjust them with the top of the shock shaft inside the car just behind the back seat.

The fronts you adjust on the shock itself with a hex key. The fronts can be a pain and you want to make sure you install them with the window pointing at you. You could potentially install them where the window is facing the car inward making it almost impossible to adjust.

Quick Reply: Koni Sale!!!! In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!