Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Sale!!!! In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Koni Sale!!!! In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!

I'm leaving town for an event in NC in a little bit, so while the sale doesn't officially start until 3/1, you can place orders now because I won't run them until Monday 3/3 anyway.

Don't wait, we've already run out of Koni STR.T's and more don't look to arrive until around the end of the sale. If you order them at the sale price you'll pay that price even if those don't arrive until after the sale ends as you've been locked in. I have Sports in stock, and a few hundred more are inbound to Koni NA as I type this.

I've also got at least 70 sets of Strano Springs in stock to go with them if you want a package installation.

BTW, the sale applies line wide (not on racing shocks though). So if you know a friend or someone who you think might be interested, I can help them too, even if their S2000 or Z-car isn't shown on my website!

www.stranoparts.com

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when does the sale end?...
edit: Ok so your site says until 5/31....guess I know what I am saving for now
Thanks
Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

5/31/14 is the end date.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the price listed the sale price or does the koni sale come off the listed price?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what shocks/springs to buy for my 1998 trans am

i am very new to the ls1tech site,ive only been here to look for advice or how to tutorials,never posted more than once.
so i apologize in advance if i posted this in the wrong thread

i have a 1998 trans am{NIRVASH},its been with me since 2008 i was 18 at the time,she has been my daily driver since,i have neglected to upgrade the original shocks/springs since i first bought her,i couldn't resist the temptation of street racing then and again,i don't do street race anymore or track race "never been to a track",my question to you guys is what do you guys recommend as a stock replacement; for my trans am i have a budget of $1,000.00 for shocks and springs.
i read in another thread that the front shocks/springs are very difficult to remove, so i will take her to the shop to get the front shocks/springs replaced.
i will ATTEMPT to replace the rear shocks/springs.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LetsRide
Is the price listed the sale price or does the koni sale come off the listed price?
Also curious
Old 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you get a set of struts for a 2008 G8
Old 03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default Stranos springs

How low do the stranos spring set the car and is the ride really firm? What is cost of these and does the car scrape much?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xela nirvash

i am very new to the ls1tech site,ive only been here to look for advice or how to tutorials,never posted more than once.
so i apologize in advance if i posted this in the wrong thread

i have a 1998 trans am{NIRVASH},its been with me since 2008 i was 18 at the time,she has been my daily driver since,i have neglected to upgrade the original shocks/springs since i first bought her,i couldn't resist the temptation of street racing then and again,i don't do street race anymore or track race "never been to a track",my question to you guys is what do you guys recommend as a stock replacement; for my trans am i have a budget of $1,000.00 for shocks and springs.
i read in another thread that the front shocks/springs are very difficult to remove, so i will take her to the shop to get the front shocks/springs replaced.
i will ATTEMPT to replace the rear shocks/springs.
Search feature, top of the forum.
This topic has been discussed on a weekly basis pretty much.
What are your goals? Do you just want a replacement shock or are you looking to improve handling and ride quality?

Originally Posted by WildDr805
How low do the stranos spring set the car and is the ride really firm? What is cost of these and does the car scrape much?
Have you used the seach feature?
You wont find a better handling "off the shelf" spring for our cars:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=113&ModelID=7
Old 03-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Search feature, top of the forum.
This topic has been discussed on a weekly basis pretty much.
What are your goals? Do you just want a replacement shock or are you looking to improve handling and ride quality?

Have you used the seach feature?
You wont find a better handling "off the shelf" spring for our cars:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=113&ModelID=7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
damd those trans am look awesome.
i would like both to improve handling and ride quality if that is even possible but i am working with a 1,000.00dollar budget. is that possible ?
i looked aver the deals from strano i was leaning towards these.
they are in my budget i think i might get just the shocks and go with the white springs

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=21&PartID=311
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The prices shown for the shocks is with the sale. Look at it compared to normal, it's already been dropped. I have not had time to change the price on the kits, but with the Koni sale I can't really do anything different than what it'd be to add the shocks to the springs and/or bars anyway. But I'll work on that.

Yes, I can do G8 stuff. They'd be around $590 for the set of 4. I can do ANY Koni, for any car they make them for. so if you know folks, please tell them.

Sam

Old 03-03-2014, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by xela nirvash
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
damd those trans am look awesome.
i would like both to improve handling and ride quality if that is even possible but i am working with a 1,000.00dollar budget. is that possible ?
i looked aver the deals from strano i was leaning towards these.
they are in my budget i think i might get just the shocks and go with the white springs

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=21&PartID=311
A set of what folks tend to call 4/3's and a set of my springs would be $984, and yes that's a HUGE difference. If you can swing the on-car rears which would put you at a total *with* springs @ $1069. That's what you'd ideally want to do if you can swing it.

Sam

Old 03-03-2014, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet! I was hoping Koni would do another sale this year. I've needed new front Koni's for a while, as soon as I pay off this watts link in a month or so I'll be giving you a call again!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

If my math is right, this would be a full set of Koni STR's for $285. Not bad at all.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yep... but there are not any in the US and none in transit (the STR.T's). We can certainly order them, but at this point it looks like May at the earliest.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
If my math is right, this would be a full set of Koni STR's for $285. Not bad at all.
not according to my math,
70+70+75+75=290

Which is still a totally awesome price, but Sam I think you missed a price change on the site, the individual STR.T's add up to 290 as seen above but the "set of 4" STR.T's still shows as 385.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Because I can't be perfect, and have not had time to change all the package prices, but yes I seemed to have missed that one when doing the shock kits.

I just made the change.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Because I can't be perfect, and have not had time to change all the package prices, but yes I seemed to have missed that one when doing the shock kits.

I just made the change.
No problem, we're all human. I'm sure you've been busy, I just happened to notice it.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
not according to my math,
70+70+75+75=290

Which is still a totally awesome price, but Sam I think you missed a price change on the site, the individual STR.T's add up to 290 as seen above but the "set of 4" STR.T's still shows as 385.
Damnit. Math fail. Agreed though, a truly great price. Especially since I am cruising around on 15 year old deCarbon's.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Damnit. Math fail. Agreed though, a truly great price. Especially since I am cruising around on 15 year old deCarbon's.
try 15 year old with 205k mile deCarbon's then come talk to me, I REALLY wish someone had the STR.T's in stock, I may be forced to go to the Bilsteins just because of the lack of stock and not certain I can maintain driving on these things for 2 more months.

Quick Reply: Koni Sale!!!! In 3, 2, 1... well ok, on 3/1!