Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shocks for lowered F bodys

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shocks for lowered F bodys

I have a 02' Trans Am with Eibach lowering springs and need to replace shocks. i was wanting suggestions for adjustable and non adjustable replacement shocks and struts that have been tested and members would reccomend. thanks for your time, appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like everyone on the site including myself will recommend Konis for anything. They are kind of pricey though. Is this going to be on a mainly street car?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Teching In

I'm also interested in finding out. I know most people here prefer the yellow adjustable but I guess it's all depending and what is the main use for. For me I'm looking for 90% street use and maybe once in a blue moon track. By the way this is for my 3rd gen camaro.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bilstein SLP's are always an affordable option that doesnt scarifice ride quality
Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kernandl
I have a 02' Trans Am with Eibach lowering springs and need to replace shocks. i was wanting suggestions for adjustable and non adjustable replacement shocks and struts that have been tested and members would reccomend. thanks for your time, appreciate it.
If you are looking for the best handling shock possible than the Koni yellow shocks would be the shock for you. They are going to give you the performance and adjustability for optimal handling and they also work very well for daily driving duties. We are actually running a pretty awesome deal on Koni yellow shocks right now. If you purchase a set of the Koni yellow shocks from us you will get the sale price we are currently having on them but you will also get a set of our BMR lower springs free of charge. Here is the link off od our website to the Koni shocks we have on sale:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=57&catid=157

If you are looking for something a little more affordable that will still work well for you the Bilstein shocks or the Koni STR.T shocks could also be a very good option. Both of these shock are good quality shock but they won't offer the adjustability or the performance of the Koni yellow shocks do. The Bilstein shocks are readily available as we have them in stock and ready to ship but the Koni STR.T shocks are on back order from Koni and as far as I know really nobody has them in stock.

If there is anything we can help you out with let us know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure what your plans are, but I run Summit Racing brand three-way adjustable drag shocks on the rear and have been happy with them.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Koni. Not even a question
Old 03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for everyone"s time and input. it is a daily driver but I do enjoy the curves and an occasional drag strip visit too. I really like the adjustability but my pocket book will probably only allow the non-adjustable variety. i just wanted make and models for lowered cars to buy the ones I can afford and drool over the ones i can't. thanks to all for your time.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Give us a call!

We have a variety of adjustable shocks available and you will be pleasantly surprised how affordable some of them are. We can set you up with a package that will allow you to find a happy medium on comfort and performance.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Konis well worth the money

Sent from my HTC One VX using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks for everyone"s time and input. it is a daily driver but I do enjoy the curves and an occasional drag strip visit too. I really like the adjustability but my pocket book will probably only allow the non-adjustable variety. i just wanted make and models for lowered cars to buy the ones I can afford and drool over the ones i can't. thanks to all for your time.
We are running a pretty good deal on Koni shocks right now. If you want shoot me a PM with what kind of budget you are working with and I would be more than happy to see what I can do for you.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have KYB's and love them.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

My car is lowered. When I did it, I put on KYB and it was alright. Then the yellow Konis went on sale and I pulled the trigger and bought them. Man up and buy the Konis. Don't have the money? Then pinch your pennies until you do, its worth doing to get them
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Default thanks for yalls time!

Ok, yellow koni's seems the way to go, how about a ballpark estimate on what you paid for front and rears?
Old 04-02-2014, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ok, yellow koni's seems the way to go, how about a ballpark estimate on what you paid for front and rears?
The most affordable Koni yellow shocks are the F4/F3 setup which includes the front single adjustable shocks and the rear off-car single adjustable shocks. We are having a sale on Koni shocks right now so if you bought this Koni F4/F3 setup from us they would be $732.74 but we would include a set of our BMR lowering springs for free.

If you are interested just let us know because we have a bunch of these shocks on the shelf ready to ship.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by pillarpod
My car is lowered. When I did it, I put on KYB and it was alright. Then the yellow Konis went on sale and I pulled the trigger and bought them. Man up and buy the Konis. Don't have the money? Then pinch your pennies until you do, its worth doing to get them
My question would be, will he have to shell out another grand in a couple of years for replacements?
Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Old *** thread bump......
Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Old *** thread bump......
I saw it before I posted. Still relevant though.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
My question would be, will he have to shell out another grand in a couple of years for replacements?
I have about 14 years, and 180K+ miles of HARD, ALL conditions, on PURE **** roads, daily driving on my 4th gen, DA fronts, and SA rears with stiffer springs than most on here run on mine, and they are STILL doing just fine.

This also includes autocross and some open tracking as well.

These dampers CAN BE rebuilt (and re-valved) as well, when and IF they do 'wear out', so a whole new set, like is needed with some lesser dampers, is NOT necessary.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
From everything we have seen the Koni Yellows hold up very well, come to think of it I don't ever remember anybody ever complaining about the durability and longevity of the shocks. Also, if something does come up you can always send the shock/s back to Koni to be rebuilt and if it can't be rebuilt they are good about providing a discount on the shock/s.

Quick Reply: shocks for lowered F bodys