Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What's the difference between regular and adjustable radius rod bushes?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the difference between regular and adjustable radius rod bushes?

Well, title says it all
Old 05-27-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone?? :/
Old 05-27-2014, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

What part do you mean by radius rod? Rear lower control arms? On a 4th gen F-body, there is no part labeled as a radius rod (even if it may function as one).
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GTO? Those are the only people who refer to bushings as "bushes"
Old 05-28-2014, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is what I'm inquiring about
http://holmart.com.au/online/images/...w%20bushes.jpg
The red thing

And here is a link selling adjustable radius rod bushings
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1067

Last edited by Freefallin; 05-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Freefallin
This is what I'm inquiring about
http://holmart.com.au/online/images/...w%20bushes.jpg
The red thing
That's not a f-body.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by demonspeed

That's not a f-body.
Never said it was. I am asking for my, don't laugh, GTO.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never said it was. I am asking for my, don't laugh, GTO.
Just saying, it would have been helpful if you told us what kind of car you're working on, to start with. Not criticizing your car, it's just that the majority of the discussions here are about Camaros and Firebirds, unless otherwise specified.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

Just saying, it would have been helpful if you told us what kind of car you're working on, to start with. Not criticizing your car, it's just that the majority of the discussions here are about Camaros and Firebirds, unless otherwise specified.
Oh ok, now I know. I didn't mention my car because I thought all cars had radius rod bushings. Hence, the general question about radius rod bushings. Didn't think adjustable radius rod bushings worked differently depending on what car they are on.

I'm guessing I won't be getting the answer to this one here.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:39 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Oh ok, now I know. I didn't mention my car because I thought all cars had radius rod bushings. Hence, the general question about radius rod bushings. Didn't think adjustable radius rod bushings worked differently depending on what car they are on.

I'm guessing I won't be getting the answer to this one here.
There is a GTO-specific section that you should ask the question. I'd move this there if I had moderator privileges in here.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

There is a GTO-specific section that you should ask the question. I'd move this there if I had moderator privileges in here.
My question is GTO-specific??

So you are telling me that a radius rod bushing works differently on a GTO then it would on lets say, a Mustang??

And if the answer to that is not anything less than intelligent then you are suggesting that I don't ask a "general" question about a suspension component in the suspensions section which was created for general suspension questions, but rather that I ask my general suspension question in the section for GTOs.

Hmmm...now I'm wondering why there are all these sections/forums on this site...such as internal engine, external engine, brakes, pcm etc. Why not just make only vehicle specific sections. I mean, whatever question a person asks, is at the end of the day inquiring about his/her car, hence it being a vehicle specific question.

Oh well...thanks for making things clearer buddy!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I'll surmise you have a general idea of what LS1tech is about considering your post count and join date. While it's open to all LS-powered vehicles, the majority are purely 98-02 Camaro and Firebird. Period.

With that said, you're simply taking the ambiguous label of the "suspension section" and applying to your GTO. That seems perfectly logical from an outsiders perspective -- but that's not how it ends up working in here. Most people who might peruse this section would likely [intelligently?] infer after a short time that the threads here are f-body-specific. Thus, they'd then head over to the GTO section.

Nonetheless, you may ask as many of these GTO-specific suspension questions in this section that you'd like; however, don't expect to get a good answer about the application anywhere but the GTO section. To be quite honest, that was the gist of my posts in the first place; your Mustang analogy is irrelevant.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, title says it all
Adjustable radius rod bushings will allow you to adjust the caster on the front of your GTO/Holden. As far as I know most radius rod bushings available for the GTO/Holden are going to be adjustable but you can always install them at the factory settings if you choose to do so.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll surmise you have a general idea of what LS1tech is about considering your post count and join date. While it's open to all LS-powered vehicles, the majority are purely 98-02 Camaro and Firebird. Period.

With that said, you're simply taking the ambiguous label of the "suspension section" and applying to your GTO. That seems perfectly logical from an outsiders perspective -- but that's not how it ends up working in here. Most people who might peruse this section would likely [intelligently?] infer after a short time that the threads here are f-body-specific. Thus, they'd then head over to the GTO section.

Nonetheless, you may ask as many of these GTO-specific suspension questions in this section that you'd like; however, don't expect to get a good answer about the application anywhere but the GTO section. To be quite honest, that was the gist of my posts in the first place; your Mustang analogy is irrelevant.
Ahaaa! I got it now! So all the forums here (except the non-fbody ones) are meant for fbodys... Wonder why ppl would even post in the Firebird and Camaro section.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the difference between regular and adjustable radius rod bushes?