Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

If i wanted to lower my car what should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i wanted to lower my car what should i go with?

Just wondering what yous guys recommend. I wanna give my 2001 SS convertable a non-offroad look its to high for me...also wondering which springs are best?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Verb01SS
Just wondering what yous guys recommend. I wanna give my 2001 SS convertable a non-offroad look its to high for me...also wondering which springs are best?
My car was dropped a little over an inch when i bought it, sure enough had the stock shocks though, wrong move....i put in bilstien shocks last year and love em' as for the lowering springs that were already on the car, they are red, and so far the only red springs ive been able to find are B&M or Eibachs, regardless of what i have, i recommend eibach and bilstien set up day and nite. Never hear anything bad about that.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you want to accomplish with your drop and how low you wish to go.

I have a 2 inch drop all around and in my opinion have the perfect stance, plus I can still pull decent 1.7 60-ft times at the track and I like the ride of em.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the BMR kit (red springs) and it lowers the car perfectly, i cant still get in and out of driveways and over speed bumps without scraping or have to go over them weird.