Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring and shocks need upgrade. **updated pics 1st page

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Got the rear shocks and springs done in an hour and a half, and the car feels amazing.

The rear shifted to the left a bit , so I'll be installing the adj PHR. I didn't have enough time to install the pHr because it got dark and I have to search for a video on YouTube to get an idea of what to do. (I don't have any mechanical experience)

Hopefully I can install the LCA and relo brackets tomorrow as well. I have the non adjustable lca and the instructions say to install them with the car lifted, but not to tighten them until I put the car back down. Does that sound right?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Old 01-08-2015, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup you can lift the rear end of the car up so you can have more room to get the lower control arms off and on, same applies to the panhard bar as well, have both sides up at the same height when taking them off or putting them on. Only hand snug them (or just make sure the bushing moves freely, I'm assuming you have the red poly bushings) then have the car on all four and wiggle your way under there so you can tighten them all up to their torque specs, you don't want these coming loose Also only remove and do one control arm at a time to help with bolt hole alignment when you put the new ones in.

PB blaster is magical on these bolts as well
Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Corvett z07
Yup you can lift the rear end of the car up so you can have more room to get the lower control arms off and on, same applies to the panhard bar as well, have both sides up at the same height when taking them off or putting them on. Only hand snug them (or just make sure the bushing moves freely, I'm assuming you have the red poly bushings) then have the car on all four and wiggle your way under there so you can tighten them all up to their torque specs, you don't want these coming loose Also only remove and do one control arm at a time to help with bolt hole alignment when you put the new ones in.

PB blaster is magical on these bolts as well
Now I feel a lot better about trying this out tomorrow. Thank you for the pointers and yes I have the red poly bushing. What kind of synthetic grease do I use for the bushings and how/where do I apply the grease?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
Now I feel a lot better about trying this out tomorrow. Thank you for the pointers and yes I have the red poly bushing. What kind of synthetic grease do I use for the bushings and how/where do I apply the grease?
If you get stuck and need some help don't hesitate to give us a call, we are more than willing to help you out.

As far as grease goes you can use any synthetic grease but I personally like to use Green Grease. You should be able to find it in any of your local auto part stores and it to holds up very well even in adverse conditions. When you apply the grease you will want to use a grease gun and insert the grease through the zerk fittings on the parts.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-12-2015, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
If you get stuck and need some help don't hesitate to give us a call, we are more than willing to help you out.

As far as grease goes you can use any synthetic grease but I personally like to use Green Grease. You should be able to find it in any of your local auto part stores and it to holds up very well even in adverse conditions. When you apply the grease you will want to use a grease gun and insert the grease through the zerk fittings on the parts.

thanks kyle, I didn't get to it this weekend due to the rain but I'll try and get everything done tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
thanks kyle, I didn't get to it this weekend due to the rain but I'll try and get everything done tomorrow.
Well hit me up if you get stuck or need anything buddy.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I finally got around to a installing my shocks (koni str.t and bmr shocks) for someone who doesn't have any previous mechanical experience I must say it's super easy to do and no way in hell am I paying someone 600 bucks to do it for me. It only took 5 hours and I feel accomplished . The plan for today is to install my adj panhard rod, lca , lca relo and alignment .

Pictures will be up in the evening. I want to thank kyle (bmr) for all his help.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you done the fronts yet? A bit more work and some parts needed either from the original set up or replacements.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by xny1989
Have you done the fronts yet? A bit more work and some parts needed either from the original set up or replacements.
I did replace the fronts, the spring perch on mine were in good shape and I didn't have to battle the rusty nut. I guess the previous owner did something but the nuts had grease on them. Anyways I didn't have to reuse those because the koni str.t came with its own.

Took me about 3.5 hours for the front and 1.5 hours for both the rear and adjustable panhard rod.

I read the ls1howto and it was a breeze.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

The car handles great and everyone loves the stance.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Stance is perfect!!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Stance is perfect!!
Thank you