Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable tq arm worth it for my setup???? Plz advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable tq arm worth it for my setup???? Plz advise

I have t/a with full boltons /new era bmr package, control arms/pan bar/frame ties/ce drag shocks. Does a aftermarket adj tq arm help with traction at all? I dont get wheel hop and my car only has heater hose mod. Dont want to waste money if it doesnt help with traction ect
Old 01-10-2015, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Have you moved your torque arm off the trans with a relocation trans crossmember? Eliminating the two rubber mounts the TA loads go through to the chassis really tightens up the cars response. An aftermarket TA just builds on this. The trans relo xmbr and adj TA work in concert to allow you to change the instant center which varies how the tires are hit. With the stock setup you get none of this. I'd say they're worth installing but I can't put a ET number on it. I have a UMI trans xmbr and Founders TA and feel they're a huge improvement over the stock setup.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have stock tq arm setup. No relocate cross member.I can get a founders performance like new adj one for $175 on cl. I just saw this and wondered if i should pick it up ? I would pick it up if this alone would make some traction improvement? I dont go to the track much. Just mess around on the street. Let me know? Thx
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

I first installed the TA relocation crossmember to let the trans work with the stock rubber mount and use a poly mount for the TA loads to go direct to the chassis. A few months later I got the Founders TA. Out of the two I'd say the relocation xmbr had the biggest impact the TA less so for on the street driving.
I think the Founders TA is a fantastic piece and for that price you should pick it up. Make sure the mount plate has all its holes (two sets of two top and bottom, eight total) if it was fitted to a rear like the S60 one set of holes will have been cut off the top. Here's a link to my review on the Founders TA with some pics.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...l#post18280419
Old 01-10-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great info!!! Any clearance problems? Same size as oem? I might go with texas td soon.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

The TA fits great, more room around it than the stocker IMO. I used the stock bolts at the rear end with thinner washers.

Quick Reply: Adjustable tq arm worth it for my setup???? Plz advise