Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS problem need wire diagram ASAP

Old 06-01-2004, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS problem need wire diagram ASAP

My wifes 98 TA ABS light is on. The GM tech II at work says its no comunication with the rear. I have replaced the rear sensor with one from a know good car. Code came right back after they erased it. I want to start checking wires as soon as I get home tonight. Does anyone know where I can download a wire diagram? This is one of the last things to fix for inspection. I am try to take the car on Power Tour this weekend but I am out of time.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2004, 08:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribe to alldata.com 15 bux for a year. it will give you that and more. i diagnosed mine with help from there and a mulitmeter. Turned out my abs module was bad. I also diagnosed my airbag probs too (salvage car). If the car has tcs, the wires run from the sensors to the plug under the seat. They don't change colors to the abs module. On my tcs car, pins 21 and 23 were from the driver rear sensor...I THINK pins 1 and 3 are the passenger side. You can see the pin numbers on the black plastic plug that plugs into the abs module. No tcs.....no idea
Old 06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a wrecked/fixed car. Check grounds. I think you don't have tcs so I can't help ya with wire colors but hopefully they are the same to the front. Could try a mulitmeter with a continuity check.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No TCS just the center ring sensor.
It was not wrecked or fixed but it had a big system in it at one time before I bought it. I have been chashing a bunch of stuff that was patched back together when the system came out. This is the last issue to track down.

Thanks for the info on that sight I will check it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS problem need wire diagram ASAP