Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions on Springs and Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Opinions on Springs and Shocks

I'm interested on some ideas for improving the suspension on my car. I just started to modify my car and I have a pretty good idea on the final buildup. I'm starting from the bottom up with BMR Box Subframe Connectors, Adj. LCA poly/heim, LCA relocation brackets, Adj. Pan Hard Rod poly/heim, Spohn Sway Bars - Solid 4140 Chrome Moly 32mm front/22mm rear and Adj. Spohn Long Tubes Torque Arm with Cross Member Mount and Built-in Drive shaft loop and Chrome Moly Strut Tower Brace. My main concern after that will be Shocks and Springs. The car is driven year round so it will see snow occasionally. I would like to be able to keep the stock ride height in the winter but lower it in the spring-summer-fall for improve cornering and handling. I ocationally hit the strip, but am more interested in road coursing. Can anyone suggest any setup that will acomplish my suspension objective?

I think QA1 would work nice in the fron I don't know about what springs and specs. as far as the rear I am clueless on what to do.

Future plans include turbo, and some mild engine work. A arms and K members, rollbar, rearend. Engine work and things like K members are not going in until next year.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Try a search on coilover's.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, I'll keep looking so far nothing that really applies