Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rattling from new BMR additions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rattling from new BMR additions

Last year I added the BMR products in my sig below. I think the relocation brackets are either not torqued to the required spec or I just need to have them welded in. Everything else seems to be tight. Everytime I roll backwards into my garage, over a small elevated lip, my rear makes this 'boiiing' noise that I can only suspect it being the relocation brackets due to how they're only bolted in and could move if they aren't torqued correctly. Tell me what you know and think, thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

Just get under there and tighten everything down. And for those relocation brackets? Weld them down, they're better off that way.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

First thing to try is retorquing all of your LCA, PHR, and relo. bracket bolts. Just make sure you do so with the weight of the car on the suspension (i.e. the rearend supported on jackstands).
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes I agree also, try retighten everything. if it has been a year over time bolts can work there selfs lose. Try that first, if the noise still persist you can then move to other alternatives. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Roger that, thanks guys, I'll be all over it this weekend. The Death of the late President has put a hurting on our schedule down here, we're now doing an Australian/New Zealand Jump exchange on Friday, then having an internment ceremony for our old Commander in Chief. 50 Gun Salute, one cannon shot every 5 seconds. The other day it was a shot every 30 minutes all day until taps at 2300 (11 pm). I really felt for those cannon cockers who had to do it, they just returned from Iraq last month.

Quick Reply: Rattling from new BMR additions