Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Weird issue after new suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Weird issue after new suspension

Okay alil background. I went turbo and had the rear end out to get a set of gears put in my car and while it was out I added new suspension parts and I will give the before and after setups.

Before
10 bolt with Moser Axles
3.73 gears
BMR non-adjustable lower control arms
MWC double adjustable panhard bar

Now
10 bolt with moser axles
3.42s with gear spacer (for 3 series in a 2 series carrier)
TA performance girdle
MWC double adjustable lower control arms
MWC double adjustable panhard bar
MWC tunnel mounted torque arm set at -1.5 degrees
Strange single adjustable shocks set on 5
25mm BMR rear sway bar (tighten downed as it would sit on the ground)

Also replaced my front zr1 wheels with my 17x4.5 darkstars with 185/55/17 m&h tires

Okay the two issues that have arisen since I just got it done this morning is that it now pulls to the right bad. It kinda need an alignment before but was not this bad. Could be the rear sway bar making the previous alignment even worse?

Also I have had my rear 15x10s on for a while and never had an issue but now the caliper hits the wheel weights on the right rear wheel. I have no idea what could of changed to have that happen?

Any help or suggestions? I will get an alignment soon but doesn't explain that wheel issue and I would like to know why the alignment is that much worse..
Old 11-05-2015, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Until it gets aligned you are pretty much spitting in the wind to see if it is fixed afterwards.

As for the other issue I'm not sure. Unless you swapped wheels from side to side and there are variances in how the calipers are mounted.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am putting my 17s on tomorrow and going to get an alignment to see if that solves the problem with the pulling but still don't know why the right rear wheel all of a sudden grinds the wheel weight..

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it doesnt matter now but if u had the caliper off, just loosen it up and push the caliper down as far as u can than tighten it down... The clearances are rear tight on the rears. I had the same issue.

Quick Reply: Weird issue after new suspension