Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacing Hardlines/ABS Delete Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing Hardlines/ABS Delete Questions

The hardlines on my car are rusted pretty bad front and back so I want to replace them. Is there a good way to transition from hardline to braided line? All I seem to find is AN fittings for braided lines, but that won't work with brake lines from what I understand.

Also, I'm building this car to Auto-X/Road Race. Is there much of a reason to keep ABS? How difficult is it to delete on a car with TCS? I see a few threads about using a wilwood proportioning valve but it only has one output for the rears.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Tcs cars have two full rear brakes lines, non tcs cars have one rear line until it splits at the rear end. Yes AN fittings will work with brakes, and to my knowledge thats what most if not all aftermarket manufacturers calipers have, or rather they have a threaded fitting into the caliper with the AN side facing out ready to accept your line. Stock lines are flares all the way to the softlines where they have banjos on the calipers. SjM makes an abs delete kit.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the clarification. I'm new to running lines like this, so I'm trying to research as thoroughly as possible before I start digging into it.

I will look into this kit from SJM.

Quick Reply: Replacing Hardlines/ABS Delete Questions