Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What cool new stuff has UMI been up to? See inside!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The panhard bar lowering and leveling kit has officially been released and available for purchase. Here's the link for more details:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...02-f-body.html
Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The sale goes through 11/28. Online ordering will be active until 11:59:59 pm on Cyber Monday.

-- Ramey
Old 11-24-2016, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pacho
Bump for a great company. Been looking forward to this for over a year.

2063 (driver side phb simple bracket)
2062 (Leveling kit w/relo phb brace)
2064 (Leveling kit only. No brace)

Any reason the brackets in 2062/2064 are only available in black? It's not the end of the world if black is all we can do..

When does the current sale end?
Ramey is correct on the sale date, it will run until 11-28, Monday.

It was tough on color. It is hard to stock all the small components in both colors, brackets, bushings, spacers are tough. So we decided to keep the bracketry in this kit all black. If you order 2062 and select red we just send a red upper panhard bar brace and black brackets. New picture will come soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ryan
Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took advantage of the UMI Black Friday sales:
-Competition panhard bar lowering/leveling Kit
-Hollow sway bars
-Strut tower brace
-2 point subframe connectors

Had some questions along the way... Craig at UMI was 1st class. Genuine quality customer service.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the lowered panhard feel? I have one waiting in the garage.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ilyas
How does the lowered panhard feel? I have one waiting in the garage.
I can't really comment directly to the lowered panhard, just yet. I only took it for a quick 15 mi ride last night, in 30* temps to make sure everything checks out that I installed.

You could tell the chassis is tighter just backing out of the garage and driveway. Driving it is more enjoyable for sure. Again, tighter chassis, you can tell the suspension is doing the work vs. feel chassis flex. The turn-in is cleaner/sharper. Body roll has lessened dramatically. Doing some hard acceleration pulls from a 5-10 mph roll up to 70 mph, the car tracks more strait and without flex.

Feels like a modern car now. Ha
Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dojob
I can't really comment directly to the lowered panhard, just yet. I only took it for a quick 15 mi ride last night, in 30* temps to make sure everything checks out that I installed.

You could tell the chassis is tighter just backing out of the garage and driveway. Driving it is more enjoyable for sure. Again, tighter chassis, you can tell the suspension is doing the work vs. feel chassis flex. The turn-in is cleaner/sharper. Body roll has lessened dramatically. Doing some hard acceleration pulls from a 5-10 mph roll up to 70 mph, the car tracks more strait and without flex.

Feels like a modern car now. Ha
What you are feeling is 100% the larger swaybars.
This is why i suggest doing mods one at a time, even if its less convienent.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What you are feeling is 100% the larger swaybars.
This is why i suggest doing mods one at a time, even if its less convienent.
Agreed. I need to really push the car to notice the panhard being lowered, however couldn't really do that during rush hour
Old 12-11-2016, 07:09 PM
FormerVendor

Awesome! Thanks for the post.

Keep us posted on how you like it and how it works. We appreciate the business.

PS- you might be the first customer to install one.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Awesome! Thanks for the post.

Keep us posted on how you like it and how it works. We appreciate the business.

PS- you might be the first customer to install one.
Might be a while till I can get out and hustle it... being in Pittsburgh has the car condemned to the garage. Winter weather has begun and salt is covering the roads.

Install went good. No noises or hiccups on that initial drive, last week. Same for you other products. Worked great.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

More product tuning at UMI.

Our new a-arm package will feature geometry changes on the lower arm and upper a-arm. Off the shelf setting we were immediately able to get an additional 2 degrees of caster. After adjusting the upper we got up to 4 degrees more positive caster.

We used our virtually bone stock '02 to make sure we were working with a factory k-member.

Our boxed lowers will feature factory style t-bar mounts as well as double shear mounts for bearing shocks. The upper now features even more clearance for maximum suspension travel. Both arms have the ball joint moved to add caster while not changing the spindle pin location.

PS- Don't mind the backwards shock bolt, car wasn't assembled for driving since we are in the middle of brutal winter here in good ole PA.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

can the new upper A-arm be used with stock lowers? will there be any performance gains w/o the lower?
Old 12-25-2016, 05:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
can the new upper A-arm be used with stock lowers? will there be any performance gains w/o the lower?
Yep, it can be. The upper has built in caster as well and clearance for travel. It can be used with the UMI lower or factory lower.

Merry Christmas!
Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

Here's a look at the new UMI a-arms. Boxed lowers available with stock t-bar mounts and also double shear for bearing mounted shocks. Lowers also feature the ball joint mount moved forward for positive caster.

The new upper a-arms (pics soon) now also feature ball joint moved rearward for caster and the new a-arm design updated for maximum suspension travel. Our new adjustable upper a-arms offer the most travel of any a-arm design on the market.

Lower a-arms now offer 1 degree of caster, uppers 1-3 degrees for a total of 2-4 degrees of positive caster. When used together the spindle pin does not move. Pictures of uppers coming soon.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Just an update as we continue to develop for the 4th gen platform. We have more stuff coming as well.

Here's a look at our soon to be latest design of the road race k-member. The k-member itself stays the same, no changes on dimensions. However we wanted to see if we can cut a little more weight off and also ease the manufacturing. Easing the manufacturing prevents increasing any prices, this item is a time consuming item for us so we are hoping to work at that. Here's a few images of the first one. Very similar to the current design with some subtle changes.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned

The crazy thing is this quality is how every product is, weld-wise and fitment-wise. A random a-arm or torque arm has the same awesome welds.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I was just over to pick up (in person) a part, and got the tour. Ramey is very proud to be using ALL AMERICAN steel. He showed me a couple parts he said they could buy from China much cheaper, but they buy American blanks and do some extra machining to make sure its higher quality. Great stuff, good company!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

Hey Chris! Glad you could stop by. We always enjoy showing our manufacturing to local customers (and we appreciate your business).

You're correct. We saw some tube adapters coming off the turning center. They're easy to purchase in bulk but that wouldn't allow us to control quality, appearance and thread fit. We'd rather buy USA CrMo bar stock, cut it to length, then have an experienced machinist turn them out while caring about the result.

Hopefully we can meet up at an auto-x this summer. 🇺🇸😎
Old 03-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will be down there for your cruise in before i go on on vacation.are you going to show your new stuff then?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rickscamz28
i will be down there for your cruise in before i go on on vacation.are you going to show your new stuff then?
Cool on the Cruise-In! We will have all our displays out plus all the cars ready and running. Friday night of the Cruise-In we will have an open house at the UMI factory.

ramey

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What cool new stuff has UMI been up to? See inside!