Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

COIL OVER 93-02 Fbody!!! C6 Z06 Big Brake KIT needed. Scrapping and want control.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COIL OVER 93-02 Fbody!!! C6 Z06 Big Brake KIT needed. Scrapping and want control.

I have a STS turbo 383 LT1 that has been finished and went from stock springs to BMR 1 inch drop. They handle well and a good overall spring. Unfortunately I scrap quite a bit on bumps etc. Afraid to rip off the turbo oil line and aeromotive 1000 fuel line as well. I am looking into a good adjustable kit (height to stock or lower) out there that doesnt ride like a buck board if need be. Most FBody guys dont invest 1000-2500 in a kit but would like to know what is superior since I am keeping her for LIFE. Any advice or link on what to use would be great. I also want to upgrade to very large Z06 brakes off C6 if possible. Can this be done and who sells a unit like this that can use stock or different HUB. I also notice a little vibration in driveshaft/rear when lowering ONE INCH and curious if Carbon Driveshaft is worth it or just balance aluminum piece. Didn't have any harmonics when stocks height and strange 12 bolt I have in her. I will post pics on her later also....
Old 02-10-2016, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend looking into the Viking Coil-over set up.

There's plenty of guys here at LS1Tech running this set up so I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you how they are working

They are probably the "best bang for your buck" double adjustable coil-over set up on the market as of now.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=909

As far as the rear coil-overs we sell a kit with viking shocks and our UMI brackets that upgrades the mounting system from the factory style.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=783

Spring rates and lengths will determine the ride quality -vs- handling feel and ride height you are trying to achieve.

If your interested feel free to give me a call here at the shop. we can discuss what would work best for your application and i can give you some prices.

Craig
Old 02-13-2016, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for getting back to me regarding an adjustable suspension. Browsed through your nice site and springs rates etc. I am looking for a good blend of ride quality, improvement of handling and capable of good drag launches. I am sure it hard to get them all. So your system can adjust all the way to stock height and be lowered how much? How much fabrication will I need to do as I saw the need to drill some. Dont plan to go back to stock ever but want to be sure not too big a deal. I have a Strange 12 bolt rear end and full BMR suspension. Hope this will not affect anything since it is different than your components. THank you for taking the time to respond. Trying to put down this 650rwhp power on BEAST with only 11-12psi and 17x11 Nitto NT05s

Quick Reply: COIL OVER 93-02 Fbody!!! C6 Z06 Big Brake KIT needed. Scrapping and want control.