99 TA brake issues..need second opinions. - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

99 TA brake issues..need second opinions.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Teching In

Default 99 TA brake issues..need second opinions.

I have a 99 TA. I'm having some brake issues and thought I'd see if anyone else has had the same & could help with some advise.

Thought I needed to replace my brake pads. Found my right front caliper was messed up. Out of the two side by side pistons one would go back & was froze. So I replaced both front calipers & all the brake pads. After replacing that I had the front brakes were dragging too much & causing alot of heat. So I figured the rubber hoses had started to break down internally that go to the front calipers. I replaced them. I still have an issue with the front brakes dragging too much & are hard to turn by hand.

So what would still be causing this? The master cylinder or a proportioning valve?

The brake fluid looked awful when I took the calipers off to replace them. I drained the reservoir & the front brakes being they were apart. Put new fresh fluid in they system. But in haven't bleed the back out yet.
jpriami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast

Check and lube the sliding pins?
Corvett z07 is offline   Reply With Quote