Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

MWC anti rollbar pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWC anti rollbar pics

Anyone have any installation pics of there bolt-in style rollbar? I'm thinking about ordering one this week but I won't have much time between races to install it. Just want to make sure this is something I can do myself in the garage.

Any pics of the installation would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

In for pics. I want one as well but cant decide on bolt-in or weld in style. OP, why the bolt-in for you?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

I don't have access to a welder and with my schedule it's too hard to get it to a shop to have it welded.

Do you know if there is a big difference between the two??
Old 03-01-2016, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.midwestchassis.com/anti-roll-bar.html

The full bolt-in version will install in minutes. The chassis bracket bolts to the existing spot for the oem end links and relocates the link inboard to eliminate the shock clearance issue seen with other popular bars out there. The MWC unit is a tubular chromoly design and weighs 20 pounds less than other similar "drag bars".

The weld-on bracket version uses the same bar, but the brackets that attach to the car are made to weld on the back of the frame rail instead.

All we need is the center to center dimensions of your rearend brackets if they are already welded to the housing.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ssvert99
http://www.midwestchassis.com/anti-roll-bar.html

The full bolt-in version will install in minutes. The chassis bracket bolts to the existing spot for the oem end links and relocates the link inboard to eliminate the shock clearance issue seen with other popular bars out there. The MWC unit is a tubular chromoly design and weighs 20 pounds less than other similar "drag bars".

The weld-on bracket version uses the same bar, but the brackets that attach to the car are made to weld on the back of the frame rail instead.

All we need is the center to center dimensions of your rearend brackets if they are already welded to the housing.
Is there any drilling involved? I was told I hole needs to be drilled where the rear seat would be.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes the bolt in anti rollbar will require you to drill a hole in in your frame.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

If you are looking to purchase you can follow this link.
ARB PURCHASING
Old 03-01-2016, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

I will be by the end of the week. I'm just making sure this is what I need and I'll get the measurements.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good and since I was recently asked the question why measuring is so important. Our anti roll bars are designed to allow no side to side movement. Other styles on the market will allow this and some even have an issue with making contact with the rear shocks.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

I just tried taking a measurement while it's on the trailer and crawling under the car. Looks like it's 31 1/2. Does that sound right for a 12bolt strange?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

For Strange yes it does.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
For Strange yes it does.
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Midwest drag bar:

Heres mine. Couple of things, it may take a couple of tries to get it adjusted perfect. Not enough and it will still lift the driver tire, too much and the car will go sideways on launch. Also, I had to widen the holes just a smidge to get it to fit my 12 bolt. I made eric aware of this, not sure if they adjusted their bracket design or not, but if they didnt then be prepared to do the same most likely. Other then that its rock solid, a little noisy over rough roads but thats to be expected.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Heres mine. Couple of things, it may take a couple of tries to get it adjusted perfect. Not enough and it will still lift the driver tire, too much and the car will go sideways on launch. Also, I had to widen the holes just a smidge to get it to fit my 12 bolt. I made eric aware of this, not sure if they adjusted their bracket design or not, but if they didnt then be prepared to do the same most likely. Other then that its rock solid, a little noisy over rough roads but thats to be expected.
Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Gonna place the order this Friday.

So can you adjust it where it pulls the wheels and where it leaves flat on the ground? I'd like for it to still pulls the wheels like in the pic I posted but just more square.

Whoops didn't post the pic.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

When you start gaining control of the twist, I feel the driver tire doesnt come up as much, equaling the lift. Meaning mine would pull the driver tire 6/8 inches, passenger none. Got it on and under adjusted and no change (still driver lift), got it over adjusted and it stayed flat (no lift) but pulled like hell to the left on launch, got it correct and now I have body only flex on launch which nets me like 6-8 on driver and 4-6 on passenger. Difference being I lightened the car about 200 pounds to get it to start coming back up....and I think I added coilovers too to that helped lift.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you guys currently run frame connectors as well?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

When you start gaining control of the twist, I feel the driver tire doesnt come up as much, equaling the lift. Meaning mine would pull the driver tire 6/8 inches, passenger none. Got it on and under adjusted and no change (still driver lift), got it over adjusted and it stayed flat (no lift) but pulled like hell to the left on launch, got it correct and now I have body only flex on launch which nets me like 6-8 on driver and 4-6 on passenger. Difference being I lightened the car about 200 pounds to get it to start coming back up....and I think I added coilovers too to that helped lift.
Awesome, thanks bud. Just what i was looking for.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SteenH
Mine has them yes.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SteenH
Be careful of what people call "frame connectors" here. The outside(or any portion) of the LCA box is NOT THE SUBFRAME. Neither is the front floor crossbrace (rib that the trans crossmember is attached to). However, some manufacturers feel it is ok to attach a piece of material to the floor crossbrace, run alongside the rocker, and then to the outside of the LCA box. You can call this unit a "jacking rail", but it is definitely not a frame connector.

MWC frame connectors are exactly that... a true frame connector that attach to the actual front and rear subframes of the chassis.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone have any experience with one of these on an 8.8?

Quick Reply: MWC anti rollbar pics