Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with rear springs on 6 speed camaro

Old 07-01-2016, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with rear springs on 6 speed camaro

I've got a 2000 z28, 6 speed car. I'm having issues when drag racing on a 28 inch tires that the right rear squats badly and hits the quarter when launching, possibly while shifting as well. Car has founders lcas and panhard, viking da shocks, and an s60 rear. Springs are stock with heater hose and about half a coil cut. At the track the other night I had the right rear shock as tight as I would go and it would still rub. Is there a company that makes a set of rear springs that would keep the lower stance in the rear but provide a better spring rate to combat the squat or should I stick with a stock spring with the heater hose mod. I will most likely be purchasing an adjustable rear sway bar and a drag bag in addition to whatever rear springs are recommended. Just need something that won't give as much on a launch. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Two ways to deal with that are 1, an airbag in the right rear or 2, an anti roll bar. Which one to choose will depend on how often you drive on the street.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Give Sam Strano a call. He has helped me out with suspension issues.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Our springs work really well in a street/strip application. they offer about 1.25" of drop and offer a slightly stiffer rate than stock, so they would be a really good fit for what you are looking to do. I would also recommend lca relocation brackets if you do not already have them. That will promote anti-squat and help keep the car from dropping as much on the hit

http://bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?p...293&superpro=0

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with rear springs on 6 speed camaro