Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering rear only?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering rear only?

Hey guys been doing some looking around on here about lowering springs as I am close to ordering some but can’t find much as to lowering the rear only I was curious about what these these cars look like with the rear lowered and and front stock ? Any body have pics of something like that ? I have a 98 trans am and I’m getting kinda tired of the 4x4 look but in my opinion the front isn’t the issue I don’t have anything against installing all 4 springs but if I can lower the rear just a tad without it looking bad or causing other issues I’d probably just go that route
Old 03-30-2020, 07:23 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_wssixer
Any body have pics of something like that ?
No, because most of them would end up wrapped around a telephone pole. Something like this would come with complications: It would create higher air pressure under the car, causing it to lift and it would load more of the car's weight on the back wheels. Both of these will lead to under-steer and the car will become harder to control.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you referring to the rear sitting slightly higher in the rear stock than the front? Are you trying to level the car, not actually cause the front to sit higher than the rear? If so, some will remove the rear spring isolator, and do a heater hose mod, it will cause the car to sit more level front to rear. See the link below with pics, if this is what you're getting at.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...d-writeup.html

If you actually want the front to sit higher than the rear, I'm sure there's a website on how to guide you through the Carolina Squat. Likely no one on here can assist with that on an F body though.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Also be sure to have a friend measure your wheel well heights with you sitting in the car. Because most cars are more level with at least a driver sitting in it. Maybe you don't need as much lowering as you think.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Lowering rear only?-5ia3vcql.jpg

Quick Reply: Lowering rear only?